Why are Amazon prices so high?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

With shipping, the least you'll be paying for an ounce of silver is 30 dollars.

For 1/10 ounce of gold it's 60 dollars over spot.

How come amazon is so wack? Is there any reasonably priced silver or gold on Amazon? If so link me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

there is one simple answer....
    feebay.

4. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I dunno Mr. Shady.

Amazon has always been a more "retail" side of things, so to speak. I've never seen any good deals on coins.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

As long as people will buy it at their prices, there is no reason to lower it.

6. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Amazon is wack homies I can't believe anyone would pay those prices when they can get it 30% cheaper on provident

Evom777 likes this.
  7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

No argument there!

8. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Fo Shizzle. BTW I like the new MMLP2 album.

9. Volante

Volante Well-Known Member

Amazon charges sellers 15 or 16%, with no real volume discounts.

10. Amazon is horrible for coins. I got a gift card awhile back and looked in the "Everything Else" category, but selection was poor and prices were way too high. I did not even recognize the independent dealers, and their feedback was also not very good. Rumor has it that the Saddle Ridge gold hoard may be sold via Amazon so maybe this will attract more people and perhaps increase coin activity. TC

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Not may be... is. Buried Treasure!

12. krispy

krispy krispy

I recently suggested in another thread that Amazon should take on coin sales and rival eBay as a reputable place for buyers and sellers to trade coins... To date there is nothing there for coin collectors, but that could change. Moreover, I posited that the US Mint should stop dealing with PBGS for order fulfillment and hand operations over to a dedicated Amazon facility. Both Amazon's online prescience and direct mail retailer expertise and ability to give you delivery dates when you place your order would blow PBGS away. I've used Amazon Marketplace to sell various goods (not coins) and found it to be a very reliable and easy system.

13. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

They would have to lower their fees to become competitive, a seller on Ebay can get as low as 4.8%, and I heard the big boys like Apmex are paying only 1% to Ebay.

14. krispy

krispy krispy

I'm sure it will take an incentive to attract sellers/buyers, but if they move into the coin listings similar to an outfit like Heritage, they will be competitive with HA's fees, and many steps above an eBay type venue.

15. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

the only one? I've never bought anything at Amazon. or even surfed their website.

16. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

Eminem buys PMs on Amazon. Why am I not surprised.

17. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Hey, don't Lose Yourself, man!

18. fiatfiasco

Never would.

The moment, I own it.

19. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

I never said I did buy anything I just have amazon gift cards. Stop making things up. You're a weirdo following me around to each and every thread I'm in. Stop obsessing over me and commenting on ever post I make.

20. fiatfiasco

I am your biggest fan. You are like a comedian who makes me laugh. I mean, this forum has a "follow" function...is that not what it's for? To never miss the gems you spurt?

21. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Pretty soon you'll start asking me for an autograph.. Dammit I'll send you one!

Draft saved Draft deleted