Who made out on the dip?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Zlotych, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I guess feeling good about a dip depends on how you play the game. I plan to retire in about 25-30 years, so I hope prices stay low for as long as possible and then shoot up at some point during that time period. If you are more short term, I'm sure you hated last week.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

I picked up a toned Morgan for a steal.

4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

picked up a 5 oz prospector loaf bar, a 10 oz geiger bar and three 2014 libertads

5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I picked up a bunch of "junk silver" for around 14 1/2 times face, and also bought about 78 shares of SIVR for $17, so I was buying the dip big time. I just hope it holds.

6. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I bet I could guess who it is, homie. ;)

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I'm still waiting for it to dip, most of my silver was bought when it was less than $4.00.

Galen59 likes this.
  8. zvezdah1

zvezdah1 Member

curious, why did you opt for SIVR etf as opposed to SLV? THe SIVR is so thinly traded compared to SLV, just wondering if I'm missing something.

Revi likes this.
  9. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I decided to try SIVR when I heard that it holds a lot more physical silver than SLV per share. It's almost 1 to 1, and it's held in London, so it seemed to be a good way to go. It trades a little higher per share than SLV, so I thought I would try it. I got it for $17.02, and it's $17.21 now, so I'm not in the red yet. I also have some SLW and AG, so if silver goes up I will be able to retire some day... They are in my retirement account, so I really don't mind fluctuations right now as long as in 4 years they have gone up a bit.

10. zvezdah1

zvezdah1 Member

Ah! Thanks for the explanation, I do note SLV does not trade at a quite 1oz per share. Guess my concern with SIVR because of lower trading volume, you'd have a wider bid/ask spread. But not a huge deal as don't seem to have massive swings on a hour by hour or even day to day basis.

11. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I'm glad the prices have stabilized for a few days now. I can focus on managing the pin action in the stocks.

12. jeffusa

jeffusa Member

I shorted SLV on the dip. I honestly was not expecting Silver to dip this low but I have made out well by sticking to my market timing system.

13. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

I'm confused, Pt @ USD 1229 on 10/6/14? Pt has been lower in 21 sessions during 4q 2014.
    Silver's also trended lower, down $1. at year end.

That wasn't really a "dip" as such, and buyers probably didn't trade that positively unless they (I'll guess: no one here) were selling shares not physical.

Is someone calling a Low? Target? Date?

I think Silver @ $16 or lower is a Buy, but I also suppose it could drop to ~$ 11. in a deflationary plunge. That does not mean Sell! Dollar-Cost-Averaging monthly Buys or incremental accumulation on -15% dips at this point makes sense.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  14. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

I made 100 doll hairs.

Draft saved Draft deleted