Which high premium silver coins do you think will sell for spot in the future?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jason.A, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Which high premium silver bullion coins do you think will lose their premium and sell for spot in the future? And why do you think that?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

All of them. Of course, for some of them it will not be until spot is $250.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Define 'high premium'.......

5. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

That's a good question. I would say any premium that is at least $2 over spot at the current price.

I think privy Maple Leafs and Britannias will lose their premiums in a few years. I think these South Korean war god coins will lose their premiums pretty quickly as well.

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

HHm! I was thinking you meant premiums of $30-$40 such as for these coins minted by private mints for small Pacific Islands. Let's be honest, whatever they may claim most of them are essential bullion.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

By no means would I ever call that a high premium. That's actually a very low premium. The only things that ever sell for actual spot are private rounds that no one wants.

8. baseball21

Not really. A couple end up tanking and selling as such but a lot do keep a premium and many of them have designs and/or subject matters that a lot of people like and that the mint has ignored

9. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Right. So let me rephrase: what semi numismatic silver bullion or numismatic silver do you think will lose its premium? This basically means all silver that sells for a few dollars over spot.

10. baseball21

I don't see any of the government ones losing their couple dollar premium. Even the massive buyers have to pay over spot for those and they want to make money reselling. Only individual coin shops get to get away with buying them for spot or less from people looking to dump them

11. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Draft saved Draft deleted