Where do you go to find Silver Price?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I check Yahoo Finance and Kitco for spot price on silver. Right now Yahoo is $17.89 and Kitco is $17.82. Is there a better site to check?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. halfbuck

halfbuck New Member

jm bullion has sunshine bars for 18.70 and their usually pretty good. That's a good deal you have.

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Wherever you want to buy from, because that's what they're going to go by.

5. AvidCollector

AvidCollector New Member

I buy from Redwood Gold Group, based out of California. They beat the price of their competitors every time. I love their service!

6. halfbuck

halfbuck New Member

Thanks i'll check them out.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The Bullion Sites are usually a little higher than what actual spot price is. I was just wondering why the difference between Yahoo Finance and Kitco Silver chart.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You asked where to find the price of silver, and so far two out of three replies are telling you where to buy silver. :rolleyes:

I use http://www.coinflation.com/, which usefully reports silver spot price, gold spot price, and the "melt value" of various silver and gold coins. I also occasionally use http://silverprice.org, which has useful historical charts and not-always-so-useful commentary.

9. halfbuck

halfbuck New Member

I meant well my sleep meds are kicking in sorry and goodnight:yawn:

10. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

For a quick check of the price of silver/gold I go to Apmex, and because of @JeffB's post yesterday also coinflation.com (which I found very helpful, thanks Jeff).

Steve

11. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

I also use Coinflation. Price of silver and gold is always in the upper right hand corner.

12. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

First, the markets operate on a real time price that is continuously changing. Some quote live price, others are delayed - usually by 15-20min - sometimes by more or less. Find out what you are looking at and why it's different. Then you can judge where the real market is. Also, find out where they are pulling their market from. Are they basing it on the London fix, or US pricing from some other source?

Second, there is "bid" and "ask" prices. Some quote both, most quote "ask" since it is in their best interest to be at the higher end of the spectrum when selling. The spread on silver bullion is usually 10 cents - give or take. That will grow as the value per OZT grows. I think bid/ask is $5 or more on gold now.

Third - there is the premium over spot. Question for your prospective seller - premium over bid or ask. Usually it's over ask.

Last - you may burn a lot of time researching cents. Now if you're buying thousands of OZT - it matters. And I'm NEVER one to say "it's just a few cents, who cares" but consider your time and the value of it.

So, in short - take all this into account, research your various sites and make your own decision about the real market.

Cheers!

13. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Kitco for sure. You get all the precious metal pricing within minutes. Even my brokerage uses it for buy and sell options.

Bman33 likes this.
  15. 712

712 Constatutionalist, U.S.N. Viet Nam vet 66'

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

That's what I use too because it details what's going on around the globe.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  17. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

Coinflation and comparesilverprices.com. they have a little spread that shows what apmex, provident etc are selling things for.

Stevearino likes this.
  18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

If you want the unvarnished silver price in pretty close to real time, use the Bloomberg mobile app. Of course you will also get every other market on the planet, but I find it a great one-stop investment quotation shop. The app is free.

19. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I like Kitco because I can see where it's going on the chart.
    It seems to have dipped and is now coming back up today.

20. Player11

Player11 Bullish

Kitco on my I phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted