When Will The Mint Lower Puck Prices?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by treehugger, Jul 5, 2013.

1. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

When silver was around $40.00 an ounce, they were selling at $279.00. With silver now less than one-half of that, they are selling at $179.00. It seems, on a percentage basis anyway, they should be selling at less than that. Do you think we will be seeing a price adjustment soon? It would sure be nice.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

"When Will The Mint Lower Puck Prices?"

When people stop buying them for the current price.

SilverForLife likes this.
  4. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Done. :D

SilverForLife likes this.
  5. I am sure much depends on production costs. They are probably still making a very nice profit at $179 but not sure how low they can go and still cover overhead, etc.

6. stoster38

stoster38 Member

We all know that the US Mint never based their prices solely on the PM market. They also include a collector premium that most of us are willing to pay and if not then you have an opportunity to buy from a coin dealer. So I don't expect them to reprice the coins any time soon.

7. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

When you hear "oink, oink" and have to look up to see where it comes from. That's when the price will drop. Actually, there are rumors of price restructuring in the near future.

Muckdiver likes this.
  8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

You can't go on a strictly percentage basis. When silver was at 40 dollars there was 200 dollars worth of silver in the coin with a 79 dollar premium for production costs and profit. With silver at 20 dollars there's 100 dollars worth of silver with the same 79 dollar premium. The premium isn't going to change.
    The last price adjustment was when silver was around 22 dollars. I think they adjust it when it drops at around 5 dollar increments. If silver goes to around 17 and stays there long enough we should see another adjustment.

treehugger likes this.
  9. treehugger

I started this thread this past Friday. The Mint will be announcing a price decrease on these, along with other silver items in the near future.

Excuse me while I pat myself on the back. No applause is necessary.

d.t.menace likes this.
  10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yup, Treehugger, you're the guy that did it. Your thread finally convinced the boys upstairs to lower them danged prices. Take that well deserved bow.......:)

12. treehugger

Thanks, green, although it's not true, it's a fun fantasy. Next, I think I'll begin complaining about their ordering system and see if that will generate any action on their part. ;)

On a more realistic note, though, has anyone ordered and received any of the 2013 fancy (not bullion) pucks? If so, how do they look quality-wise?

Thanks.

13. TH: Please tell them to reduce the price of the yet to be delivered WP sets. I have not ordered any pucks this year but will soon with the price reduction. TC

14. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

TH: I ordered and received mine. They're really nice here's a picture [​IMG]

treehugger likes this.
  15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I read a few weeks ago about the pending price reduction on the pucks. If you look at the sales reports, many of us are delaying orders until the price reduction. Our delays in purchases are impacting the mint's pricing. We have power people!

16. treehugger

Thanks for the picture, Muck. The coin looks great. I really like the design of the White Mountain and have it already in bullion, but am debating also getting the high-class version since the price will be dropping. It looks like you received a coin that is pretty much pristine.

17. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

It wasn't just you, it was also partially my lousy attempt at prognostication in the post above. That and I bought a 5 oz P Perry and a UNC W ASE a couple weeks ago.
    BTW the 5 ouncer I got looks like a 70 to me.

18. treehugger

I think you are right; it was you. Can you tell me which numbers you absolutely don't like for the Powerball drawing this weekend?

19. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 26 27 29 30 31 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 :D

20. heckofagator

heckofagator Member

Now if i could just get a good price on all of the 2010-2012 versions......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. phalanxcronos

phalanxcronos Member

They just did, $154.95

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Draft saved Draft deleted