When Will the Good Old Days be Back?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, May 12, 2014.

1. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Homies it's obvious silver will dip down to 15 dollas an ounce this summer after the Ukrainian crisis has settled down a bit.
    After interest rates start increasing next year silver will probably dip down to 12 dollars. In 2016 I expect silver to hold at 10 dollas an ounce.
    These figures are only if the United States doesn't start another war and there isn't a huge war going on between other countries. This is my prediction. My other thread is holding true as well if you have not noticed. Silver has not risen above 20 dollars an ounce after I posted it.
    I know a lot of old folks have been tricked into thinking the economy will collapse but history has shown that even in the most extreme cases if inequality society is self correcting, most of the time relatively peacefull. I firmly believe silver and gold are way too high and prices will fall in the next couple years. Will prices go back up eventually? Yes! So keep stacking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOS and imrich like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

well depletion due to the need of medical resources and technologies is rampant so we can only wait and see
    maybe you can tell us how to stack chips like you eman

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Its a funny thing about "the good old days". As long as I have been a collector, I look back every year and wish I would have bought more then. I am not saying this necessarily applies to PM investing, but its certainly true with coin collecting.

Buy what you can, when you can, if you are tlking about normal purchases. I am not stressed at these PM levels. Am I going to liquidate my 401k because its such a bargain right now? Heck no, but will I tell someone to now buy a roll of ASE at these prices? No.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I think back when Rick Harrison on Pawn Stars bought 3,000+ ounces of silver from a customer for $111K. I wonder of he held on to it? :eek:

Chris

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The Ukrainian crisis is going to "settle down a bit" into another frozen conflict like Georgia, Moldova/Transdnestr - but eventually the STHF will play out when all out shooting breaks out and pent up passions overtake the need to keep the peace. There are other frozen conflicts going on, China/Taiwan, Russia/the Baltic states, Central Asian countries like Tajikistan etc.

Keeping this on topic, I know many people in UA do not trust money - it is actually easier to buy gold there than in the USA. I can buy it in the grocery store even, the bank and I even remember one petrol service station where you could change money and buy gold. When the UA hryvnia started it's precipitous plunge in value in 2008 people didn't keep more than grocery money for the day in local currency. The rest went into Euros, dollars, gold and even sometimes Russian rubles.

8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The old man would of, but Rick no doubt sold it quickly for a quick buck. They were reported to have melted off what turned out to be stolen gold a few months ago.

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I thought that was simply a ploy to launch those "old man" rounds and sell them for way too much to all of the suckers who come into their store every day.

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

A friend of mine went there and also the Hardcore Pawn place in Detroit and said the people there were rude and prices were ridiculous.

11. risk_reward

risk_reward Active Member

It's a pawn shop, of course the people are rude, they deal with the least successful people in society every day. That is bound to affect your mood.

You aren't expected to pay the listed prices, make an offer. It's like the sticker price on a vehicle, everyone knows that you would never pay sticker.

12. cpm9ball

Where did you get that information?

Chris

13. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Whatever. There is a pawn shop by me where I go in every once in awhile to cherry pick through their junk silver. Why? Because I have bought Barber quarters and halves, O mintmarks for melt value. The owner is a nice guy, never rude.

14. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

I think the point he’s making, is that if you find yourself standing in a pawn shop selling your valuable(s) for half of what they’re worth, that:

A) You haven’t saved properly to pay your way out of whatever situation you’ve found yourself in.

B) You aren’t intelligent or patient enough to sell on CL or eBay and end up with more profit.

15. risk_reward

risk_reward Active Member

Well to me it's self evident, but the conclusion of the study below sums it up well.

The Credit Research Center
    School of Business
    Georgetown University
    Washington, D.C.

"The preceding chapter has shown clearly that, in relation to the control group of shoppers who have never borrowed from pawnshops, pawnshop borrowers generally have lower and more uncertain incomes. That income is less likely to be protected by health insurance. They are less equipped than non-pawners to deal with unexpected declines in their incomes or increases in their expenses. In relation to the control group, they are younger, less educated and demonstrate less experience with the world of finance. There is every indication that these differences would hold, and be even greater, were it possible to compare even more of the characteristics of pawnshop customers to those of the national population."

http://faculty.msb.edu/prog/CRC/pdf/Mono34.pdf

bkozak33 likes this.
  16. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

These are the good old days!

We are up today.

17. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

Probably on the day Vladimir Putin is featured on a silver Commemorative coin...LOL can you imagine that happening.

18. cpm9ball

You've been watching too much of "Hardcore Pawn".

Chris

19. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

20. cpm9ball

Your assumptions leave a lot to be desired.
    Chris

21. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

My assumptions are based on personal observation.

Draft saved Draft deleted