When will silver be low again?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jax coins, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jax coins

Jax coins New Member

I would like to buy some bullion around the $16 price of silver.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

"When will silver be low again?"

It will probably be low again the next time you decide to pass on it because you don't think it has yet dropped low enough . . . isn't that the way it always seems to go?

If you just buy a little bit every week, and don't focus on trying to buy it all at the bottom, you just might come out further ahead than you will if you miss the bottom and never buy at all.

asheland likes this.
  4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I was buying silver twice a month. It has averaged $17.00 an ounce for about a year. There have been a couple of dips below $16.00 in that time. Agree, if you are looking for a good average price, buy 2-4 times a month.

5. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

If you are buying silver to make a short term profit then you are in the wrong business. If you are buying it as a long term store of value then a few cents is not going to make a difference in a market which cannot be second guessed. In that case you need to do as others suggest and dollar cost average.

6. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

I think anything under $20 an ounce is a decent deal. Like they say, cost average and don't sweat it.

7. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

Next Tuesday at 3:04pm.

asheland and Garlicus like this.
  8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Which timezone? I need to make sure I am logged on.

9. jake1932

jake1932 Active Member

I'm not a big bullion investor but it occurs to me that silver has been in the 15-17 range topping 18 just a couple of times in recent history (please note i am just a coin collector not a silver bullion statistician). That's without referencing the trends and all that stuff. Buy it whenever you want.. but get rid of it at 18 and maybe you can squeak a dime or two profit. I think sakata has good advice (for the long term). If your in it for quick profits good luck because dealers about pass out when you tell them you want melt price for your silver!! So adjust your hopes down about 15% in anticipation of that...

10. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

When we mine asteroids, drops to .16/lb

onecenter likes this.
  11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I think you will find Silver in an acceptable range moving only in tenths, so unless
    your going to buy huge amounts I think anytime is the right time to buy.

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I started buying a little at a time in about 1965. It's worked out well but I could have done better with other investments.

Galen59 likes this.
  13. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

December was the buy window. They always knock it down for year end when sleeple reevaluate their portfolios over a cup of coffee before going another year without paying mind to how their money is being used by others.

Anything under $20 feels like a gift to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted