When are 2018 bullion coins released? Anyone know release dates?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jason.A, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Can anyone provide this information?

When do Gold and Silver 2018 Maples come out?

How about gold and silver 2018 Eagles?

This would be a good place to supply that information, because I know there are some of you who follow this way more closely than I and other posters do, and we'd appreciate your information.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

my guess next year. dodges incoming rotten fruit. lol :eggface::wacky::hurting::inpain::sour::smuggrin::):cool::confused::dead:

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Good guess. Historically the US mint has stopped production of the current year issues in early December to retool for the next year's production. In early January or late December the dealers begin to advertise presales and give a "begin shipping" date usually in mid-January.

I'm not sure about Maples as I don't buy them.

Other items, like Perth mint products, will begin to be released in September. Dealers will have presales for those in August with delivery dates starting in September. Again, I know about these because I buy a stash of lunar coins, which will be released in September, followed by Kookaburras and then others.

The bottom of the link below has the release dates for the Perth Mint bullion coin programs.
    http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/Our-Bullion-Products/Coin-Mintages-Annual-Release-Dates.aspx

baseball21 likes this.
  5. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

The US Mint follows the actual calendar year and starts selling that years coins starting January and beyond. Most other government mints follow more of an automotive model year calendar and start releasing products late summer into fall of the previous year.

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I don't understand why a coin would be issued in 2017 with a 2018 date on it. It makes no sense to me.

It is the same with SCWC: the current, 2017, edition was printed in mid-2016 so how can it reflect 2017 prices? The edition printed in mid-2016 with current prices should be dated 2016.

7. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. PeacePeople

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

All I can add is to take advantage of Pre-Sales in December/January. You won't get your loot until the End of January but you will get a better deal on the cost above spot. Usually you don't see discounts on ASE's til the middle of the year.

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

A lot of the world does that at the end of the year. The Australian Mint actually did a 2018 coin many many months ago, a bit unusual but it did happen

11. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

The Australian Kookaburras usually come out sometime in September for the following year. I've bought them every year for over a decade now and that's the pattern (so far, at least). The 2018 release should appear soon.

But... the link posted above says "each October." Well... perhaps my memory has gone all soggy... dang non-digital information processors...

12. PeacePeople

Nah...they made a change in the last year or so spreading out the releases...

13. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Perth's 2018 schedule is out.

Lunars - September 11
    Kooks - October 4
    Roos - October 23
    Koalas - January 8

They are launching a Platinum Roo this year. No word on a 2018 Platypus so the poor guy might be getting the axe...

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Poor Platypus. A platinum Roo is definitely intriguing.

15. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

By law the U.S. mint cannot mint coinage pre or post dated, well unless they have another law dictating them to do so. Thus Ag/Au eagles aren't available until 2018 actually rolls around because they aren't minted until then.

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  16. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Whoa, what a concept, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted