What's going on with palladium?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I think that answer is dependent upon what engine is in the car and if it's an OEM or aftermarket, original or replacement.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Michael K likes this.
  4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

5 to 10 Grams on average, depending on vehicle size.

Michael K likes this.
  5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I wrote about my 2009 Ultra High Relief recently. I got into coin collecting because I inherited a ton of coins when my father died. I got to reading about coin collecting and decided that 1, I wanted to have some gold coins, and 2, I wanted some hedge against inflation. (I have been a CPA over 30 years and should know better.) Anyway, I contacted a friend that bought and sold coins. He had just bought 3 gold coins, ungraded, that I bought a 1895 $10 Eagle for about $850, a 1904 Double Eagle for about $1,200, and a 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle for $1,300. I sent the eagle and double eagle in for grading. The eagle was graded MS61 (Red Book for MS60 is about $1,000, the 1903 Double Eagle came back "UNC DETAILS: OBVERSE SCRATCHED") VALUE=?, and the 2009 doesn't even give a price on MS68, nor are they advertised on ebay or any other place for MS68) It was a shot in the dark. If you are lucky in cards, try your luck with NGC, PCGS, or any other TPG.

6. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

I not sure but I thought I read an article about there is a very low ounces available on the market. I think a small amount is used in cat. converters or maybe that's platinum. Paladium may be the new gold coin??????

7. mpcusa

Strange in the fact, there are allot more uses for Platinum then
    Palladium.

8. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Are the materials needed to build these DPFs either Platinum or Palladium?

9. Good Cents

There are probably a lot more uses for silver than for gold. Go figure...

I'm trying to decide whether to buy an ounce of either Platinum or Palladium. I have none of either.

10. mpcusa

I would go with Platinum, i think that,s my direction, just because i dont
    Think it could drop much more and palladium can be wildly unpredictable.

11. Good Cents

Buying either is foreign to me as I know nothing about either of them. Then again, I buy stocks without studying them for decades, have money in funds I rely on indexes a fund managers to pick, so, a piece of metal I know nothing about? What the heck, bring it on!

Seriously though, I'm only thinking about it, but I've never thought about it before. So that's a start.

mpcusa likes this.
  12. mpcusa

Everything is a crap shoot, you can say you know everything or nothing and
    Still come out behind the eight ball, sometimes you just have to go for it :)

Draft saved Draft deleted