What's everyone paying per dollar face? Is it a good time to stack?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Newbee03, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Newbee03

Newbee03 Well-Known Member

Just curious what people are paying for "junk" silver per dollar face Ampex seams to be outrageous.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

well, just sold 5-walers that were g,vg & fine for 9.00 each in a privet sale i arranged today..i would pay 14.00 over the table at a coin show...

Newbee03 likes this.
  4. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

My LCS gets 20x face for common silver coins, $25 for common cull dollars.

Newbee03 likes this.
  5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Welcome newbee.:p
    Had to click on the name and see how new...member since Sunday, Nice.

Last purchase I did (been awhile) was on the smaller side and had a few barber type coins so 18.5x face and I thought I did good.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Newbee03 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I’m not stacking because the premiums all way too high.

Welcome to CT.

Newbee03 likes this.
  7. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

8. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

spot. usually good for a couple hundred a month.

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I been buying silver a bunch of years. The current retail market is turned upside down and has been that way since early 2020. It will normalize again. I will not spend more than spot for silver and will only go as high as spot for friends. I will not buy retail silver in this market. So if you want to stack silver in this climate, you have to be creative and search out other avenues. Perhaps folks that have inherited silver. I have a guy that buys abandoned storage rooms that frequently turns up bags of silver for me. Two weeks ago a friend of mine retired and sold me $70.00 face value of silver. I paid him spot….. You have to be a bit creative and make connections. Talk about your interest in silver with people and stay away from retail right now.

Newbee03 likes this.
  10. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Normalize, what is normal? Like this is a sellers' market right now spot is not that high, but the PREMIUMS are. So, there is another Feller on here that says it will go back down below 18 or 19 dollars an ounce that was last fall. I THINK this is the new NORM, Hanging around the 20 Mark. but we will see!!! I couldn't find any or much at all when the price fell down to 11 to 13 dollars last time..

Newbee03 likes this.
  11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

In my mind, normal is buying silver at spot. Prior to early 2020 I could get silver at spot from a number of places. Spot price isn't the negating factor. It is the premiums being charged at the retail level. That is perfectly understandable as long as people are willing to pay it. I won't.

jb10000lakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted