What would happen if we were to change to the "Amero"?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AFC, May 13, 2010.

1. AFC

AFC Junior Member

Hi everyone,

After reading and watching on YouTube about the possibility of the Amero, and a thread on CT ("Why you buy Silver"), I became curious about what would happen to my/our gold/silver investment values should our country go the way (like the Euro) to a American Currency (Amero).

I've read about how China, France and other countries have called for a single currency, so because I'm young and investing heavily (based on my income ratio), I'd like to know your thoughts. Up or down?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

With Greece and the Euro having problems I'm thinking you don't have to worry about the Amero, at least for now.

4. G-man422

G-man422 Member

How would you feel if the US dropped the dollar and went to the Amero? I would feel very uneasy and wouldn't like it one bit. Confidence in the Amero would be way down and thus people would want stability like gold and silver. In my opinion when (not if) we adopt the Amero gold and silver will shoot way up.

5. fatima

fatima Junior Member

The USA has the world's reserve currency now. I can't fathom any reason why it would want to give that up.

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

It won't be the US's choice when it fails.
    Just like why would I want my car to break down...it just does.

7. fatima

fatima Junior Member

How exactly does the $ fail?

8. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

So true.....

9. AFC

AFC Junior Member

10. G-man422

G-man422 Member

What I should say is that the Amero will be forced upon us rather than us "adopting" it.

11. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Once again... Why???

The US dollar is the premier world currency.... why would we want to share that with anyone????

They would force us to give up the premier world currency so that we can adopt a currency with Canada and Mexico??? Not gonna happen...

12. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

But why would America want to do that? At what benefit? Who will be the reserve currency then? Why would we want to share currency with Mexico and Canada?

13. G-man422

G-man422 Member

The benifit would not be for the American people, it would be for those with all the power and money. Read up on the Bilderberg Group. They would like to eventually have a world government and the way to do this is take baby steps.
    I know, this is conspiracy stuff, but still something I have found very interesting.

14. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I'm quite aware of the bilderberg group, maybe not in depth as others but I do know of their existence... :cool:

15. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Even if this were absolutely true, their goals would be better served by staying with the $. The $ is already the defacto world's currency. Countries have to have it, for example, to buy oil. This gives the USA a huge benefit over control over the world's economies that would be immediately lost by some conversion to another currency. The idea of the Amero simply makes no since even to conspiracy

16. Info Sponge

Info Sponge Junior Member

17. ChurnDog

ChurnDog Junior Member

Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland illustrate how having a unified currency can back fire. Usually when a country has debt problems as bad as these countries it does one thing to stimulate trade and bring in more outside money. It devalues its currency so trade with them is favorable. China is a prime example. They have kept their currency artifically low for decades to encourage the world to manufacture almost everything there.

With the Amero, we (read the US) would have to help bailout Mexico if they hit a major debt wall, since they would no longer be able to use the devaluation strategy.

Also, as others have stated, what advantages does the Amero have over the USD at this point? If we lost our place as the world's reserve currency, maybe it might make a little sense.

18. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

A country without its own currency isn't really a country and has lost control of its destiny.

19. fatima

fatima Junior Member

That is a broad generalization which simply isn't true. There are 11-12 countries for example that use the USD as their own currency and they don't have any trouble with identity or control over their economies.

20. silvermonger

silvermonger Member

No, you must be thinking of China. What the US has is the worlds fastest printing press.

21. coinup

coinup Junior Member

lol

Draft saved Draft deleted