What type of Bullion do you collect?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by stainless, Sep 17, 2009.

1. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

I don't come to this part of CT much, but I am coming here more and more...lol..sorry if this has been asked before.

Anywho: What type of Bullion do you collect? Gold, silver, Platinum?

Bars, Rounds? just coins? ET.

If it is just coins, what kind? Anything with silver/gold ET. , or just US stuff? Do you like to have morgans, Barbers, mercs, ET. or do you just like the ounces of silver better?

Me, I collect just silver...mainly because gold is too high, and I don't have the patience to save up any money..lol.

stainless

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

stuff

Silver just came my way. Jewelry, dinning ware, surgical instruments & coins.

It's neat stuff because it is malleable, pliable and highly conductive. It is stable, affordable and can be made pretty.

You can bend it, melt it, catch light & x-rays with it and admire it.

So I have some in many forms because, Unlike my IRA it seems to be worth more now than when I 1st got it!:goofer:

I have Franklins, and Morgans & Peace and Ansel Adams. Some SAEs & a few Engelhard's. It's just neat stuff! Durable. Now if I only have enough to include the fact it could be more portable I would be happier:)

Right now it all fits into one backpack.

4. highroller4321

highroller4321 Junior Member

Silver and copper.

Silver I like 10oz bars and Engelhard prospectors.

Copper is Pre82 U.S copper pennies

5. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Not Bullion but old gold.

I collect $10 indians, $10 Libs, Saints, $20 Libs (Type III).
    Now I'm hooked on Swiss 20 francs and French Roosters.

I also love rolls of silver quarters. You can get some great deals on ebay.

6. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Junior Member

since you are asking for bullions i have silver eagles and canadian maple leafs. but i do have the occasional china commemoratives coins. i have gold also but it is also canadian maple leaf.

7. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I like silver eagles, but also trying to get a world set of silver bullion. like to collect gold though. and yeah pre 82 cents here too :)

8. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Gotcha Kwacha?

How about a 2002 One Thousand Kwacha from Zambia? You can see a picture on eBay item# 270419682774. When buying world bullion be careful.
    The seller is claiming this coin is .999 pure. It isn't. The coin is only .925 silver. Seller also is wrong about the weight. The coin weighs 31.104 grams.
    His price is way out too at about $50. I bought mine for $16.16 at auction.

9. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i have quite a few tubes of ASE's, libertads proofs and UNC. i have probably 50 diffrent silver rounds of various designs. i also have 2 larger size ASE's one is half a troy pound the other i beleive is 6 troy ounces. then i have a bunch of 1-5 oz silver bars from diffrent companies:thumb:

10. cndcoin

cndcoin Junior Member

My collection is quite new, but I collect yearly Silver Maple Leaf coins as well as the various variations (privy marks, olympic coins, etc.). I also am trying to collect silver coins from various countries I travel to as a reminder of my visits.

11. chip

chip Novice collector

I have been getting silver rounds from antique stores when they have sales, they are usually marked 15 for a one ounce, and with a 20% discount the final price is 12 an ounce, These are the happy birthday, merry christmas, confirmation ones, nothing artistic or fancy.

I also like many of the other ones but it is hard to get them without a high premium that I realize is necessary for dealers to make a living.

12. ahearn

ahearn Member

Currently mostly 10 oz. silver bars with some 1 oz. bars, ASEs, and world bullion coin proofs. Will add more ASEs, Maple Leafs, and Libertads. Want to add gold but not at current prices.

13. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

I have Proof ASE's & some silver bars, but what i'm wondering..... is anyone planning on collecting the upcoming 5 oz. Quarter series in .999 silver from the Mint. There will be 56 different designs over 11 years. :yawn:

14. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

depends on the price really...

but if I can afford them I will get all I can they will be worth SO MUCH!

Draft saved Draft deleted