What type of bullion do you buy?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Mar 1, 2009.

1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

It does make sense. :)

I think I'll be holding on to these ASE's a bit longer though... Till I get old

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HardMoney

HardMoney New Member

Right now I have...

ASE's
    Maple Leaf's
    Philharmonic's
    Panda's
    Kookaburra's

I don't have slabs in any bullion. I don't see the point. I like to have some of almost every type so I am looking at Libertads next. The pandas and kookaburras are gorgeous gems and i also have less of these than the others so i may get more :hail:

Not classified as bullion i guess, but i am also amassing 90% dollars and halves (circulated)

4. tmoneyeagles

I like the Koalas as well!

5. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Bullion is bullion. I have buffalos and maplele leafs. I'm leary about The Maple leafs because when times get really , really tough Maple Leafs can't be used as leagal tender in the USA. Since bullion is of no numismatic value what can you do with MAple leafs, melt em', huh, same applies to buffs. Fractions might be very worthwhile then. All I know if you have enough gold or silver you'll be okay. Those who don't.......

6. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I don't blame you I love my ASE collection and do not plan on selling it for anytime soon...

Not saying its worth a fortune, but really like the series and I've had great fun in collecting it... All the trips to my favorite coinshop with my daughter and the good conversations we've had with the guys at the coin shop... Good times for sure!!!

Here is a link to my ASE set... (About the same as all the others I guess, but I liek it)
    [​IMG]

Also, Below, I'm working on a few other small sets as well... Fun stuff it is...
    [​IMG]

Question, in your O.P. you said you are investing heavily in NGC MS69s, does that mean you are buying multiples of each coin??? or are you just working on completing the set??

7. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

I opened an NNC slab with a cake icing thing. :D

8. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

I do SAEs, Maples, Kooks, Koalas, and Britannias - also have a set of Australian Lunars - Type 1.
    I have a few Libertads too, and I want to put together a set. I think they are gorgeous pieces.
    There's just something about the beauty of silver. :D

9. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

Then it's worth it...you can't place a price on the enjoyment and good times your collecting provides. And you will never regret the time spent with your daughter. And neither will she! :thumb:

10. becky62

becky62 Collector

Bullion? Well, I have ASE's in a book and ASE's in slabs, depending on the year for slabs though. 1996 in a book and one in a slab. The 96's I got years ago so I got them cheap, 2008 rev 2007 in a slab etc. I have proofs & MS. no less than 69's. Some ASE's ARE worth more than bullion. Problem with the ASE's in the Dansco is that some are toning (over the years) so I hope they tone well, LOL.
    I've also acquired a few Pandas over the years & a complete set of 1 oz. Unicorns. A very few Maple Leafs, a Koala or two, quite a few Libertads ranging all the way back to the 1920's to date. Also have quite a few Australian bullion pieces. Wish I could afford more gold but can't so I only have a couple of 1/10th oz'ers. Got them for less than half of what they are going for now. I sold all my rounds and bought bullion coins with the money from them.
    If the fiat dollar completely dies, I'm in an alright position as far as silver coins & silver bullion goes. :kewl:

11. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

american eagle silver dollar in proof or unc from u.s. mint and some other big bullion dealers. during 70's, i bought proof foreign coins from franklin mint. and during 80's i bought from private mint like sunshine mining.

12. HardMoney

HardMoney New Member

I just ordered some :eat:

13. tmoneyeagles

I am trying hard to complete a set, but with a tiny budget, it is not that easy, so $30 could easily take up my money, so for me, it is investing heavily

14. tmoneyeagles

Well... This thread certainly has a lot of replies!

15. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I wasn't trying to be funny I just couldn't tell what you ment...

Don't feel bad... Everyone has a different budget... Sometimes I go months without buying any coins or PMs... Sometime I buy two or three a month, not often though... The kids and bills come 1st then if somethings left over I have to decide if I want to spend it on a coin or what...

Sometime I have to much week at the end of my money!!!!

Just buy what can at your pace and have fun...

16. tmoneyeagles

that is what I'm doing... I'm still regretting not buying the buffalos when they were @ $130!!! NOW LOOK @ THEM!

17. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

You mean this one???

[​IMG][​IMG]

Where are they at for 130.00???

I just picked one of these up from little coin shop down in Southern Mo for like 40 Bucks... At the time, I had no idea what it was worth, but he wanted 40 and I had 40 and didn't think it was too bad...

I had been looking for one of these for a long time too as somehow I missed out on the original sale...

Now I'd like the proof or the Set...

18. tmoneyeagles

No, the gold buffalos

Draft saved Draft deleted