What is your favorite foreign government mint bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Gam3rBlake, Oct 19, 2021.

1. ddddd

ddddd Member

I finally found my photo. I sold my 1 oz (along with the Libertad-that is why it is in the picture) but kept the 2 oz, which has the same exact design.

VOYH5478.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

So what did you pay for the libertad ?

4. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I like the wildlife designs on Canadian bullion from a few years back.

5. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Libertads are expensive!

I bought an AU one from 1988 and it cost more than a BU Silver Eagle.

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yes, I agree with you completely, cash is way too easy to spend, that's why almost my entire savings account is in PM's! Money in the bank today is a huge ripoff! :D I like Mexican bullion but I can only think of the Dos Pesos coins as bullion as most Libertads are Proofs, highly collectible and way beyond the price of bullion. :)

7. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

I like the Perth Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint.

8. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

I can't pick just one favorite foreign mint product. I collect and enjoy so many series. Pandas, Elephants, Maple Leafs, Brittanias, Gorillas. Heck I even have a year set of Philharmonics. I do have a couple favorite on-line places that I buy new bullion from and one local coin dealer that I pick up back dated product from. I also like several series from private mints. Maybe that can be a subject of a new thread.

Eric the Red likes this.
  9. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

I agree with others here that said Perth. The wedge tailed eagle coins are my favorite. But Canada has produced some silver coins that I really like, as well. I may be wrong, but wasn't The Royal Canadian Mint the first government mint to produce colorized coins?

Eric the Red likes this.
  10. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I started with the gold Chinese Panda's when you could purchase them through your bank. DSCF4320.JPG

Eric the Red likes this.
  11. mpcusa

I hope he is ok, vet bills are outrageous
    but it’s great to have some back up :)

Kentucky likes this.
  12. mpcusa

Mexican PM,S are very expensive !! Would like to pick up a 1 OZ Gold
    Libertade, but the premiums are off
    the hook, most are graded, I guess
    to justify the cost, I don’t buy graded
    bullion for that exact reason since
    most are B/U anyway.

13. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

How do you pay your bills if you don't have money in the bank? My wife and I pay our monthly bills by draft and use our VISA ($20K limit in my VISA, $10K in my wife's VISA) I use Microsoft EXCEL to record all of our income (Retirement and Social Security) and monthly bills.) Your assessment of keeping money in the bank is probably correct if you have difficulty keeping up with your bills. Don't be offended. Many people don't have money in the bank and do well. The go to a bank or the post office to get money orders to pay their bills. Most banks won't give you a money order unless you have an account.
    I've been a CPA and State Auditor for over 45 years and also have a degree in Computer Science. I am now retired and have forgotten many of the things I use to do because I haven't done them since I retired.
    Manage your money, etc. the best you can and you will do all right. When I was in the Army (1968-1970), we went to a building and were paid in cash by a Paymaster. We were required to show our ID and tell them our service number.

slackaction1 and capthank like this.
  14. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember those day's (66-73)and the CO was there to collect for bond's etc.

15. mpcusa

My experience is you need to be well
    diversified, cash, stocks, PM,S and BTC
    things to cover short term as well as
    long term and even emergency type
    expenses as well.

fretboard likes this.
  16. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I have some money in the bank, I mean I get my direct deposit but my wife pays all the bills. Plus my bank gives me free cashier's checks when needed, so I don't write checks anymore. What I mean is almost all of my excess funds goes into PM's. Basically I treat my PM's as my savings account, hope I don't lose for doing that but it's worked for me so far. :D

mpcusa likes this.
  17. ddddd

ddddd Member

Me? If I recall correctly, it cost $23 and I sold it for $25. All before the big upswing in the coin market of 2020-2021.

slackaction1 and Kentucky like this.
  18. mpcusa

Still on the lower end, atleast you made
    a couple of bucks, that’s much better
    then losing money…LOL

ddddd likes this.
  19. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

I like this one.
    dd.jpg d.jpg

terky likes this.
  20. mpcusa

Some of the artwork is amazing, kind
    of spices things uo a bit.

21. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Too bad Australian pieces are part of the commonwealth. I really like their pieces, but being one sided by having a horrible static depiction of QEII on the other limits their desirability. Britain also makes very nice one sided pieces. Due to that, my favorite would be Mexico since at least I get two sides of a design.

For platinum, I really like the proof eagles the US puts out, especially since they removed the static SOL obverse. I just wish the premiums were more realistic.

Two Dogs and Joel Turner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted