What is it Worth?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Cloudsweeper99, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

What do you think a 2006-W Burnished Silver Eagle, PCGS MS-68 is worth these days? What is a fair price?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Picture? I'd say $39

4. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

Uhhhhhhhhhhh NO, more than that I asure you

5. Cloudsweeper99

6. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I'm not an ASE expert so I might be way off, but I'm seeing MS69 versions of your coin on eBay Buy It Now for $80-90. I think $60 would be a good deal for the buyer. Generally that's about what most coin dealers in my area charge for a proof coin. MS68 doesn't always carry much of a premium, but the fact that it's burnished and the 20 year anniversary coin helps a bit, as well having the W mint mark.

7. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

umm...uhh...you do realize it's a burnished not a proof and the MS stands for mint state not proof which is PF...

8. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

well based on what I see on e-bay people are paying in the 60's for your ASE and seems a bit more if it's 1st strike...seems silly to pay for a label that says one of the 1st...it might be better if you got the OGP and just crack it out to put back in....seeing OGP ones selling for 80's-90's.

9. Cloudsweeper99

Sometimes when you put these coins into slabs that are less than MS69, the price drops more than it should relative to what they sell for raw. I would consider MS68 to be comparable to the average coin in OGP. It's just that in the OGP, everyone imagines their coin to be a bit better than it is.

10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Per NGC price guide 58.80 and rising. Jan to April it was $52, then $54 May to July, Aug/Sept $57.70 and Oct lists at $58.80. As with everything else, it's just a guide and I don't have access to greysheet or PCGS priceguides, or didn't look...

11. Cloudsweeper99

Thanks. It seems to be trading at about a $20 average premium to melt value.

12. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

The W's seemed to be flat to start the year and have steadily climbed since May. Who knows it that trend will continue. I'd guess it will as more and more people become interested in PMs, but I've guessed badly before....

Draft saved Draft deleted