What Happened While I Was Away?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Randy Abercrombie, May 15, 2019.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I'm not following you completely but I think you're making, or suggesting, a connection between copper mining and rough turquoise finding.

I'm not a miner or a geologist. Please explain. I want to learn something new everyday.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Helium is the new silver, It will help you A : Talk Funny, B : Maybe feel better if you have a bunch of Balloons to let go. And C: Heck if I know. Speaking of , My Sister in law brought down a lets say 3 gallon tank a few years ago, For a baby shower and left it. Worst thing you can do is leave a helium tank 3/4 full with a Red Neck Farmer/ Hunter. Yes when we were done talking funny we shot it with hunting rifle!!!
    That should make you feel better!!!

4. Hey Randy, glad to see you are doing well with your recovery.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Have a good recovery, Randy. But beware of those Gorgons !!!

6. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Glad to have you back Randy.

7. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

My cabin sits just 20 miles from a turquoise mine. Well, there is also a copper/gold mine just down the hill 2 miles.

Hookman likes this.
  8. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

A broken clock is right twice a day.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome back Randy and speedy recovery. The fun begins when the physical therapist pushes you beyond your limits. Hope you can make it without a lot of pain.

10. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Years ago I was working at a copper smelter in Morence, AZ. This smelter is adjacent to the pit. I was told that when they hit turquoise they halt operations and have a subcontractor come in and mine the turquoise. Apparently it is worth more than the copper ore. I wonder if copper ore and turquoise are typically found together or just happen to be in the same geological area.

Hookman and Seattlite86 like this.
  11. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Glad you're on the mend, Randy. I find that I agree with you most of the time on threads. It's nice to be able to preach to the choir once in a while (or sing beside another choir member).

Yeah, the first few weeks are tough. But usually after a few months we are glad for the surgery. I had a shoulder replacement in December. In April I saw the surgeon and the first thing he said when he walked in the room was, "Do you still hate me?"

I never did, actually. But I won't be in such a hurry to have the other shoulder replaced.:nailbiting:

Steve

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Enjoy the feeling while you can! j/k :D Welcome back!

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I bought some when it went below $15 a month ago. It seems to know when I buy silver and goes even lower. Eventually, it probably will rebound but I hope I'm alive for it.

14. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

everything went down not just silver, I bought some, not selling for a while, it will rebound, Im going to buy more. this was the most I bought at one time, just came today.

Attached Files:

slackaction1 and BuffaloHunter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted