What do you think will happen to Silver in the next few years??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Zeplyn, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I agree that all investing is about evaluating probabilities and weighing the odds. The beauty of the system in the book is that you don't have to formulate any opinion about market direction as long as you are willing to stick with it for a few years and not bail out at the bottom. You get to decide what to invest in, and the system takes care of the timing and portfolio allocation.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If I get some time this weekend, I plan to hunker down for a read!

4. whstler

whstler New Member

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that commodities are not limited to trading on the stock market. PMs have a tendency to go against all the chart forecasts, both up and down.

5. Cloudsweeper99

The comment was directed more to the stock market than to silver and gold, which is really a different game as you point out. One additional thought: charts and technical analysis have almost nothing to do with forecasting. They are tools to tell you what to do now. Tomorrow is a clean slate.

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I just saw the stock market today (ouchy, ouchy) :axemeethead:

7. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

3rd year of a presidental term is almost always up (it's typically the best year)

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And I was posting "WooHoo" to a friend :) The non PM portion was all green except for NLY which was down 1 cent, but it is an about 14% yield REIT, and has been very study ( one down quarter since I have had it) so as long as interest rates don't get jumpy, I can give a little here and there. A nice gain also has been in rare earths this last week as the dow dropped ( up 16%) in one week.

It is nice to have a balanced portfolio IMO.

Jim

9. Cloudsweeper99

I've watched NLY for awhile, but I can't help but think that there is a very high probability that the company will blow up at some point, like NEW.

10. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

11. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Zeplyn: Good read! Thanks for the post.

12. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Silver will reach $50 in 2011 ... Guaranteed

13. Player11

Player11 Bullish

Silver is the hottest thing going in Numismatics right now. It has surpassed $35 which gold was at in the mid 1960's. I am buying all the slabbed 69 mod commems I can at up to BV + ten dollars, what a bargain plus lots of silver material as well.

14. Cloudsweeper99

That might turn out to be an excellent plan.

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I bought a boat-load of the Benjamin Franklin Coins & Chronicles sets (unopened) a few years ago. I got ten (10) sets on eBay for $260 and then forty (40) sets for $1,000 from a local dealer...he couldn't get rid of them.

Forget all the packaging, the stamps, and the Poor Richard's Almanac...the Franklin "Scientist" is one of my all time favorite designs!! I especially love the "Join or Die" reverse.

The Red Book list the Unc mintage at 58,000. I image the C&C sets number somewhat less than that. I thought it was a great deal back when everyone was telling me I was nuts...and I still have no regrets.

Draft saved Draft deleted