what do u think

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by davemac, Aug 19, 2009.

1. davemac

davemac dave

:eating:
    I bougtht this a few weeks back .a five pound coin of the queen mother it is a 1.4 oz 22 kt gold for 650 euros i know i got a good deal but if gold is goingt to go down did i pay to much there were only 3 thousand made so i am hopeing that i med the right move?
    Your ?
    Dave
    Ps i hope the pics come up

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Looks to be in great shape. As is with most recent mint coins, sometimes time is the only thing that can make a purchase like that pay off, or gold getting really hot. You just never know.

4. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Considering you paid less than melt value, I say you did good. €780 worth of gold for €650, I would actually say you did great! Even with it fluctuating I don't think you would lose, gold would have to lose another €100.:(

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice find Dave....as for the deal or no deal question....I say you did well on the price paid. With the price of gold going up and down in today market I would not sweat the purchase...as I think you made your purchase because you liked the coin. The investment made was two fold one for your collection the other for the PM content. You're not going to loose as you paid close to melt... and a low mintage of this coin. I hate days that you're faced selling a coin due to the fact you can make a huge killing on the you price paid. An example from my collection is the 4 coin gold buffalo set....I purchased both the MS & Proof both of these sets are worth better than double the price I paid....it's like a carrot in front of a donkeys nose.....:secret: enjoy your purchase..Paddy

6. davemac

davemac dave

thanks

:thumb:
    Thanks guys
    Byrd i myself wood like to see gold drop and buy a few more ozs

Draft saved Draft deleted