What do they think, were idiots !! just saw this commercial again !!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Classic bait and switch, advertising one thing and delivering something entirely
    different, the latest version of the commercial doesnt even show the front of
    the coin but once and very quickly, why because it says the word "COPY"
    on it :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Sadly, a lot of folks will fall for that.

4. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

And these folks will be upset when they try to resell their 'treasure'!
    J.T.

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

A fool and his money...

6. Randy Abercrombie

I just watched the video. And one other thought comes to mind. I could see somebody unable to drop $1500.00 for the real deal and buying one of these ten dollar fakes to enjoy.

ripple likes this.
  7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

We don’t enjoy coins anymore. It’s prohibited by law. We enjoy slabs and stickers now. :)

8. Randy Abercrombie

Now that is slap funny.

Kentucky likes this.
  9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Well, they do know "there are some out there".

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

There are a very , very LARGE number, who believe everything some people say on TV , internet, or print. It seems to be acceptable today to take advantage of people if you can. The end result is the game and the manner of obtaining it is not important for many today. IMO, Jim

ripple likes this.
  11. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

There’s a current political party in some random country that sells coins of their leader for five times the amount of the coin in the add.

$10 for a commemorative coin isn’t ripping people off.

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Don't see what's wrong. "Privately minted collectible" "tribute copy," $9.95--pretty good price IMO. What should they do recite the ad as a nursery rhyme for mongos who might think they're getting an ounce of gold for $9.95?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    atcarroll likes this.
  13. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I feel cheated. Here's the deal...

Visited my buddy during this past holiday season. He and I have collected coins together since about 1971. He proceeds to tell me he received two of these tribute 'coins' from a friend a couple of years ago. He couldn't figure out what to do with them. He obviously knew they were junk, hence his not knowing what to do.

He made the selfless decision to include me in his future plans for this monstrosity of a 'coin'. He hands me one of them and says we're now officially 'coin buddies'. You have to keep it in your pocket at all times, just like me. Sounds good. I'm in for the game. Life is too short to not have a little fun.

Ok, here's where I feel cheated. He gave me this incredibly valuable :rolleyes: 'gold coin' but did not give me a COA. :mad: What's up with that? Do I call him out on it? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth? I feel incomplete :happy:

/poorattempt@humor ;)

20200103_171732.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted