What are your goals for 2024 in investing and coin collecting

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jan 16, 2024.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

As we start 2024 what are you collecting
    and investment goals ? post comments and pics of coins and bullion that you have gotten for this year.

To start, my goal is to acquire 30 OZ
    of GOLD between liberties, Saints, buffalos and AGE.S my last year totals
    were 24 OZ but as BTC accelerates maybe able to do 36 OZ, here are my
    first 2 OZ of the year plus a $20 liberty
    I just won at auction which I will be posting next week when it comes in.

fretboard, dwhiz and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

4. mpcusa

5. mpcusa

6. mpcusa

7. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Nice! One of my "Bucket Listers".
    My goal is not investment but rather to keep my collection in an organized fashion for my predecessor's.

8. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I don't do it for the investment, just out of enjoyment of the hobby, so I'd say first and foremost my goal is to add coins to my collection that I will thoroughly enjoy. That said, I would love to finish my denarii of Antonine Emperors collection. I should also probably change my profile picture, as it's the one I've been using since day one.

dwhiz and SensibleSal66 like this.
  9. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'm looking to thin out some clutter, finish up some builds and buy more gold if there is anything left after food.

Mimi J, mpcusa and SensibleSal66 like this.
  10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Food, bills, extra Misc. stuff (broken down car, house repairs).
    I intend on doing the same as I get older.

rte, mpcusa and dwhiz like this.
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm selling as much of my collection as possible. That money will be used to buy quality Bust coins. I let quantity get out of control and don't want my family to have to deal with it. They will have more to do than trying to clean up my mess.

rte, mpcusa and masterswimmer like this.
  12. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Broken down car, how did you know I just got another one? :p
    One step forward, two steps back... slight deviation on the plan.:D in my defense I got it LAST year :rolleyes: NOPE, scratch that...it was January 4th.
    Old habits, I have a plan though and I needed a few parts it's got.:wideyed:
    Screenshot_20240103-172437~2.png

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    mpcusa, ldhair and SensibleSal66 like this.
  13. mpcusa

looks like it still needs allot of love..LOL

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  14. KeyHunter

KeyHunter Supporter! Supporter

- Keep 1/2oz/15 gram gold China Panda collection binder'd, up to date. Label.Checklist
    - Inventory, 1 oz silver China Panda collection, mount/binder coins in Lighthouse Quandrum Intercept holders. Keep up to date. Label. Checklist
    - Do same with fractional 1/2 & smaller American Gold Eagle and Canadian Maple low mintage/key dates.Binder Intercept holder/certified slabs. Checklist.

15. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Same,just sold a box worth of common wheaties.Getting rid of the clutter and going for some dream coins,might get a pillar dollar soon.

slackaction1 likes this.
  16. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It still has 4 wheels and appears to have the engine also.If it could possibly be brought back to life sweet ride!!.

17. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I don't know about Sweet Ride, that would take more time and money then I want to throw at it.
    Might get it driving out in the desert sometime.
    I prefer something with a roof when it rains and it seems to be more often than I remember.
    I had to drill holes in the floorboards to drain the pooling water from the rain before. The last rain the water drained out okay but the carpets are resembling a Chia pet experiment.
    It's supposed to rain again tomorrow.
    I found a new fuel pump for 1/3 the cost of new and got it installed today...it's getting harder for me to get up off the ground and up from the creeper :rolleyes: I'm going to have to start exercising more.
    I'm trying not to spend much money on this thing but I don't have a problem putting money in parts that I may sometime use on another vehicle.
    I've had it running for 15/20 seconds but it wasn't taking any more fuel... hopefully that solves that issue and I can hear it run for a few to 5 minutes.
    It's also got a bad water pump and I have one on the watch list at half price.
    It would be fun to make something like this but honestly it's not worth the time and money.

Screenshot_20240104-032544.png Screenshot_20240104-032842.png

18. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

I’m hoping the coinstar will hit big for me in 2024.

fretboard and rte like this.
  19. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

JUST WOW 36 ounces x 2 = 72,000 that's my retirement check for the year. I would have to learn to cook it. I am just Jealous. We are going to purchase a Class C and travel when she retires from the School Bookkeeper July 2024. I like Utah, all five National Parks then regroup and head to the east U.S. coin shop looking.

psuman08 and fretboard like this.
  20. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I'm hoping for several oz of gold,
    and a bunch of silver. I just like the clinking of silver nowadays as I now gold has more value (and far less space). But I'm only getting at most 1/2oz gold ASEs or early comms.

I wish I kept my bitcoin. Sold out when it topped 1900 years ago .. I figured it made no sense so why keep it. oh well.

21. Player11

Player11 Bullish

Adding to my inventory of US Gold Type Coins and slabbed bullion coins both silver and gold.

Quality slabbed Classic Commems another fav.

Draft saved Draft deleted