What are Realistic Silver and Gold Prices?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Matthew Kruse, Jun 2, 2021.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah, that's a shame but you just can't call it when it comes to PM's! :D I'm not worried about gold, but silver is on it's own with the amount being sold and the high premiums being charged!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Copper lover likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Who’s to say the premiums are high ? compared to what ? The pandemic has
    made it impossible to judge prices and
    premiums accurate.

Copper lover likes this.
  4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

True statement there, too high for me that's all. 112.gif You're right, it's a whole new world right now. That said, you have nothing to worry about as your portfolio is well diversified so if you don't win one way, you'll win another. :D

usmc 6123, mpcusa and Copper lover like this.
  5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Got to be in the right place and the right time for some items.
    I looked at a boat trailer the other day.
    The guy wants $100...
    He cleaned up someone's property and ended up with the boat trailer.
    It's got a license plate but no vin tag.
    (Technically he doesn't really own it)
    Needs everything from lights to lug nuts.

He's taking a job up in Alaska for a few months and needs money before he leaves in 2 weeks.
    I'm holding out for $50, but it would save me that in time and steel making a drag to smooth out the road headed to the claim.

I've got too many things to do already and not much getting done...its only 120 degrees out and I don't have a place to park it till the next mining season.
    I've got enough excuses, but I might end up with it in a few weeks even if it costs me the $50.

Copper lover likes this.
  6. OldSilverDollar

OldSilverDollar Unknown Member

I believe due to the almost endless demand for Gold and Silver in manufacturing and an inefficient recycling network for processed metals globally + factoring in they are being artificially held down, by several types of powers in the market. that it should realistically be reflecting at $2250 for Gold and Silver at $40 respectively.

Copper lover likes this.
  7. mpcusa

watch out for registration fines, here in Vegas
    are as high as $750 on the first offense with
    out current tags.

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

This is Arizona were talking the wild wild west :p
    I'm not too concerned about the law.
    They dont seem to care about people who make a right hand turn on a RED light without stopping first.
    I'm not talking one, but 3,4,5 cars in a row blow right through without stopping.

I've never seen a person get pulled over with a trailer and they passed a LAW about covering up your trash load so it doesn't blow all over in the road.
    The cops dont care...I'll be using it off the grid/road scraping out at our claim.
    I thought about just put the farm implement Plackard on, but I'm not farming.
    I've got another trailer that I'll probably (borrow) the license plate from.

I'd like to leave the scraper out at the claim, But you know how people are with not leaving other people's stuff alone even when its posted Active Mining Claim.

9. mpcusa

Very strict here, it not the place you want
    to be with expired tags and long overdue
    registration, once you in the system it’s
    game over..LOL

10. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'm all for the rules.
    But I see cars here daily with expired tags.
    The drivers probably don't have current insurance.
    I saw a car just the other day with May 2020 plate and with the smoked license plate cover that is also not allowed.

I'll cover my bases and for the 15 minutes I'm on the road with the trailer i shouldn't get a second look.

I know a guy who borrowed an enclosed trailer from a guys property in Flagstaff Arizona.
    Expired tags for 5 years, he towed it across the country to the east coast and back 5 times without any issues.
    That's ballsy.

Back on topic...
    Had a friend call me today wondering what I'd pay for 90% US coinage.
    Hes got a lady looking at selling a bag full.
    To many variables, but my guestimation was 18x-20x face depending on condition and type of US coinage.
    That leaves a little meat on my plate.

slackaction1 likes this.
  11. mpcusa

Some people dont even have license plates on there cars and thats just asking for trouble, a cop has to look a lot closer at tags then a car missing a license plates no registration plate or tags call the tow truck because your going to be towed !

Draft saved Draft deleted