What are Realistic Silver and Gold Prices?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Matthew Kruse, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Douglas Ross

Douglas Ross Member

One service I follow is advising we are leaving a bearish period for gold and silver and advises a hold
    The next seasonality to end is a bearish period for gold and silver stocks based upon the Gold and Silver index (XAU). We passed on this setup earlier as inflation concerns muddled the fundamental outlook and the technical setup appeared less than ideal. This decision proved prudent as XAU rallied along with gold and silver during this time. Positions in SPDR Gold (GLD) and iShares Silver (SLV) have advanced since last update and are on Hold.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

have they ever said to sell?

usmc 6123 and Douglas Ross like this.
  4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Sell 30% below melt... I 'll just eat it then.. make my own boutique.. I mean you been saving buying for years then it comes a time to move some and take that big of a cut.. no freaking way... not going to happen, sell else where but I guess if you need cash that bad and willing to lose 30%..

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Douglas Ross likes this.
  5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

There is no roadmap to this, and the experts
    have not been down this road there guess is
    as good as anybody else’s is so you have to
    take everything with a grain of salt.

6. Douglas Ross

Douglas Ross Member

Absolutely, there was a sell signal last fall at the high, however, that is for folks more liquid than us collectors. Say something like using the ETF SLV

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

I think right now is an every ten year sell point. But I'm not ready

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Outside of this board - I know of no coworkers, no neighbors, no family, no friends who have silver and gold. Most people I do know have modest 401K's and homes and are not planning any changes. With Silver and gold I think there are long time collectors and then there are the recent fanboy/conspiracy/apocalypse group getting all worked into a frenzy. There will be no sustained huge boom in Silver or Gold.

On housing and the USA economy - I been seeing "housing bubble burst" and "economic collapse !" videos on social media for months (same folks saying silver $250). For my view point I think the USA could continue to see a great economic boom for the next year or two - we are just doing better than most places in the world = rising wages, places opening backup, low Covid numbers, possible infrastructure investments. Not to be political but the current administration is seen as more stable by the rest of the world now (inside the USA its divided but outside the USA its different). While we have been spending money like crazy - for the average person that money is being put back in to the economy. I think the USA will do better than most places and the value of the dollar will continue to rise against other currencies. At least for the next year or two.

Just my WAG's as I have no background in economics or finance. I could be wrong.

Douglas Ross likes this.
  9. mpcusa

As a holder of a lot of Silver I can only wish for $250 Silver, but I think that figure i
    is wishful thinking, though I know a lot of people are buying, there is just to much out there.

10. slackaction1

I hope some of you are wrong and right .. be happy if goes to 30 to 32..before the doom and gloom hits.. The trouble with it going to the 30's is, instead of off load would probably wait to to see if goes higher and hold, like I did when my goal was 25.00.. still in timeout

11. mpcusa

Life with any other investment you have to know when to pull the trigger...LOL

usmc 6123, Douglas Ross and Kentucky like this.
  12. slackaction1

safety is on... mis fire

13. FredJB

FredJB Active Member

I see the rising prices of gold and silver not as a change in the value of these metals but rather a decline in the value of the dollar as a currency.

buckeye73 likes this.
  14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

There was a Coin Show in Sacramento yesterday and almost all the vendors had piles of Silver, some had huge piles! :D Most people who I saw buying were looking for key dates, Morgans, quarters, dimes or Gold. I had an open mind to buy some Silver as I'd like to fill my tube of ASE's but after seeing all the piles and nobody buying, I changed my mind. Lastly, it was the second day of the show so I would have thought that all the Silver would have been sold already but it wasn't. Just sayin'!

slackaction1 and crazyd like this.
  15. mpcusa

I guess it depends on where you go, here
    at the place in Las Vegas where I buy silver it’s flying off the shelf, you have to consider
    this many people that buy silver are just
    mom and pop, they really have no desire
    to go to a coin show when there only objective is maybe just to buy 10 or 20 OZ,S

fretboard likes this.
  16. The people who "make" money on silver are dealers. Silver is an investment for the next generation. Maybe in 10 - 20 years, if you live so long , or your heirs will profit from it. You keep it for an emergency if the fiat currency goes bust. How much is a piece of paper with 100 dollars or whatever currency you use really worth? NOTHING But silver will always be worth something at least. A 2000 year old silver coin still has an absolute value.The notgeld silver weimar coins at least are worth their silver value. You can't eat silver either, so in another way grains and rice have more of a value .What really has any value? Coins are a pretty little obsessive hobby. You can "dream" how "rich" you are .If you want to make profit in the money game, you buy silver at $5 below spot and sell at $5 above spot. Its good in an emergency to con some other obsessed greedy swindler.

usmc 6123 and crazyd like this.
  17. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

If there is a shortage of silver like the Mint says there is, then why hasn't the spot price skyrocketed????

fretboard likes this.
  18. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

What for...? It's only glass and not silver or gold...!!! :woot:

19. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

Because if there was truth to their comment then they and the other mints around the world would be cutting back on the number of versions of coins they produce as well as the numbers being minted. You wouldn't see silver proof sets, Morgan and Peace dollars, commemorative dollars, silver eagles (and versions of silver eagles) or mint metals. That's just the USA. Think about the Canadian and Royal mint products. Add in the private manufacturers. I think their claim is based on completion from other mints nothing more.

manny9655 likes this.
  20. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

To see what direction the silver and gold are moving in. :D

usmc 6123 and slackaction1 like this.
  21. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yes, that's what my LCS says as well so I know it's selling but it just didn't look like it was a heavy hitter at the Coin Show that's all. Could be there were buyers of Silver there on the first day, idk and I didn't ask. :cigar:

Yeah, I'd love the spot price to skyrocket! Even if it hit $30 that would be a welcome change! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted