Weekend Reading on Silver - From the Fringe

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Cloudsweeper99, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

As i mentioned here last month i would stay away from PMs for bit longer since IMO i think Silver prices will only again bottom out around 28 after the most recent surge.

5. epg1013

epg1013 New Member

sure sounds like a sales pitch to me. even though there may be some truth in the article.

6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Oh brother. The last line sums it up "We encourage you to subscribe to Ted Butlers Premium Service."

Why would anyone pay $400 dollars a year for his newsletter?
    The message is always the same. "Now is the the time to buy silver"

I could read it this month, next month, next year, it doesn't matter. It will always say "Now is the time to buy silver".

Butler knows that is what the stackers want to hear, so he just repeats it over and over again and tries to think up as many idiotic reasons as he can, just to say. "Now is the time to buy silver"

So guys, save your money, I will tell you for free, that Butler's newsletter for June of 2013 will say "Now is the the time to buy silver"

I mean if you think about it what else can he say, if he said it might be time to sell your silver, all the stackers would just call him an idiot and cancel their newsletters.

7. Cloudsweeper99

I don't know for sure, but I believe the newsletter contains trading advice for futures investors. And yes, Ted has made many sell calls in the years I've been reading his articles. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything he or his friend said.

8. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Actually, some of these authors DO give advice to sell.. Not often of course. I like to read and keep reading and not react to every little blip, and instead keep an eye on the overall picture. The author I like and respect has only personally picked up the phone and delivered the message to me one time, recognizing there were profits to be taken. That was in 06. He was dead nuts correct.

Can't hurt to read many views..

9. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I do not know how long ago you are talking about, but Butler has been a bull for a very long time. He did not make any sell calls when the market topped out at just under 50, and fell, but instead shouted like a lunatic "It's the manipulators, It's the manipulators, 3 banks, they did it all.

Plus, if he made any sell calls from 2001 until the run up to near fifty, he was wrong, so I still fail to see why anyone would buy his newsletter

10. Cloudsweeper99

Before Ted Butler started his newsletter, he wrote a weekly column for the Investment Rarities website. In it, he made many short term buy and sell calls for silver for traders, while recommending that investors buy and hold physical silver for the long run. I presume he continued to make these short term trading calls for his paid subscribers, but I am not one of them so I can't say for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted