Washington State proposed bill to make gold and silver legal tender

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by GreatWalrus, Jan 31, 2012.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

that is your opinion based on Fartima-Land facts. The rest of us live in the real world....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fatima

fatima Junior Member

You don't know?

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

OK - So why did the Monkey fall out of the tree?

5. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Gold weighing scales. $67 Takes 5 seconds to find one on the web. Scale for Gold weighing I'm willing to bet the state could get a discount.

No scales for weighing atoms needed. You are simply hyperventilating because everything you has posted in this topic has been easily proven wrong.

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Really, and what is the weight of 2.73 cents of gold?

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Because it was dead. Why did the second Monkey fall out of the tree?

8. webomatic

webomatic Member

Indeed everything has mass. Ever the Earth's gravitational pull can create an offset of .5%. The NIST Handbook 44 covers the standards requirments.
    Many already make PM transcations such as ebay with a listing of "1oz". So where's the PM scale on that one? Many of these coins are very worn, yet they still list as the original 1oz weight.

If this Bill pushes forward it is most certainly going to obtain framework as to how transactions and weights are mandated. Likely as per the NIST Handbook 44. But it may also imply "original weight" of coinage can be used since it is common place with online transactions... pending the coins condition. However, I'm not the one who has to create the framework.

9. fatima

fatima Junior Member

0.05 gm. Well within the accuracy of the $95 scale on that site. Again. You have no idea what you are talking about.

10. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Yes indeed. The entire point of coinage is to standardize the weights so that exotic means, such as counting atomic weights, are not needed for daily commerce. It's been this way for 1000s of years, no need to believe technology has made it impossible now.

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Yeah - a subway token would cost

$1200/31.1 = $2.25/x

x= 58.3 milligrams PURE GOLD.

So after Chemical analysis you determine that the gold your looking at is 85% gold and 15% platinum

DEPENDING ON THE SPOT PRICE OF GOLD in the last 30 seconds

How much does your cashier at Wallgreens weigh.

Ummm - a really some number.

Ruben

Good luck measuring that.

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Oh no - you need to take GOLD, and you have to make sure it is not FAKE gold.

13. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That I'm completely aware of. You don't even know how to read the specs for a scale.

Ruben

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Because it was also dead. Why did the third monkey fall out of the Tree?

15. webomatic

webomatic Member

mrbrklyn, I think you are really overshooting the purpose of this Bill. I assume you would be the party who will simply pay in fiat paper than PM which is fine, as most will. The purpose of this Bill is to give the citizens, residences, and commerce the ability to protect it's properties with the backing of PM.

I'm your arguement you make you are concerned about $2 and some change. The Bill is more concerned about currency offsets that are much more. Plus, with the added benefit of non-taxation it only makes this deal sweeter for Washingtonians who purchase and sell their PM coinage. At this rate, this hair splitting arguement of yours is frivolous against it's purpose.

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Nope - the bill means the state has to take gold for fees, sales tax, capital gains, parking tickets...Ferry tickets, Toll Boths... have fun

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Monkey See, Monkey Do...

So- why do Cows have Horns?

18. webomatic

webomatic Member

When in doubt, request fiat paper if you're a retailer looking to accept PM transactions. Again, the purpose of this Bill extends much further than simple retail commerce. You are arguing from within the >1% use of this Bill.

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

No - I'm arguing that the People of the State of Washington are not going to put up with that and revolt, if need be.

20. fatima

fatima Junior Member

No chemical analysis needed. Someone accepting gold coins only needs this or similar.
    [video=youtube;OgRuVRL00M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRuVRL00M8[/video]

You now have your answer.

You really don't seem to understand the purpose for coinage. They make these for all popular bullion coins. I'm willing to bet that even you could be trained to use it.

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Because their horns don't work.

There once was a rich man who was near death. He was very grieved because he had worked so hard for his money and wanted to be able to take it with him to heaven. So he began to pray that he might be able to take some of his wealth with him.

An angel heard his plea and appeared to him. "Sorry, but you can't take your wealth with you."

The man begged the angel to speak to God to see if He might bend the rules. The man continued to pray that his wealth could follow him.

The angel reappeared and informed the man that God had decided to allow him to take one suitcase with him. Overjoyed, the man gathered his largest suitcase and filled it with pure gold bars and placed it beside his bed.

Soon afterward, he died and showed up at the gates of heaven to greet St. Peter.

St. Peter, seeing the suitcase, said, "Hold on, you can't bring that in here!"

The man explained to St. Peter that he had permission and asked him to verify his story with the Lord.

Sure enough, St. Peter checked it out, came back and said, "You're right. You are allowed one carry-on bag, but I'm supposed to check its contents before letting it through."

St. Peter opened the suitcase to inspect the worldly items that the man found too precious to leave behind and exclaimed, "You brought pavement?"

Draft saved Draft deleted