Warning to people waiting for deliveries

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TyCobb, Apr 1, 2020.

1. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I ordered a 2020 silver maple monster box before silver dived to $12. Provident Metals finally called me last week after waiting 2 weeks to ship. They oversold the 2020 and offered me 2019. I accepted. They shipped last week and just received it.

I highly recommend making sure you are available for delivery and to keep an eye out for the mail man. The USPS box was in rough shape. One of the faces was torn and could easily peel it back to see the box with the plastic mint straps advertising what it could be. He was still at the truck when I opened the garage to receive it. He handed it to me and said he already signed for it. In my eyes that doesn't bode well. He could have easily drove off with it or was willing to leave it at the door.

TLDR: Be available at your delivery location and try to be there when your postal worker shows up. Signatures are possibly getting ignored right now and I feel like I lucked out.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I hear you. Especially now when UPS, FedEx, USPS and other may have temporary workers filling in for sick employees. I'm not sure to what extent these temporary workers are vetted. Anyone know?

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

We must all make allowances for the time being.

5. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I agree, but this scenario is not one of them. That's why I put this here. The package should have been insured and it should have had directions to not be left without a signature by the person. That's why I put this warning here. He signed it himself and was willing to leave several thousand dollars just sitting on the porch with a forged signature.

If they don't want to deliver in person, then they should drop the pink tag in the mailbox and say I need to go in and pick it up. I am not calling to complain or anything of the sort. Just want to make others aware that they may experience the same thing with their currently shipped items and they can't trust their prior shipping experiences.

ToughCOINS likes this.
  6. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Darn glad never had to fight Ty Cobb ! Hit like a donkey!! Took one like a Jack!

7. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of a postman forging the signature. That sounds like mail fraud and is severely punishable.

8. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Agreed. I am quite curious what could have happened had I not known he pulled up, but thankful I didn't need to find out. My postal service isn't the best as I constantly get the neighbor's mail or the correct house, but wrong street :(

9. Collecting Nut

I had one Carrier sign for a parcel of medication for a customer that was not home. She was out of work for 3 months without pay for forging a sign. She's lucky she didn't loose her job.

Sounds like you need to speak to your postmaster about what took place. Something is just not right but I can't place what it is.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  10. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

Paul M. likes this.
  11. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Which is why I use a P.O. Box for all deliveries - even UPS and FedEx.

fiddlehead and Paul M. like this.
  12. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

UPS did the same thing with my new $1k laptop, just left it on my porch and drove away. Good thing I was sitting here watching my cctv.

TyCobb likes this.
  13. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

How do you get UPS to deliver to a PO box? They always told me they can't do it.

14. rte

rte Well-Known Member

OP, did you open your monster box?

15. Collecting Nut

It has to be addressed to a street address. You just use your name followed by the po box number, then the street address of the post office your box is located at. Naturally, you also use the city, state and zip. Your post office should not have a problem but it may be to your advantage to talk with the postmaster or a manager in your post office.

FarmerBill likes this.
  16. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I did. It all checks out. It was still sealed by the Canadian mint. Threw me off because I never bought maples before. Wasn't expecting 25 coin tubes. :shame:

17. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

How do you order a monster box?

18. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

They have a contract with USPS!! I do not have any home delivery!

19. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I bought from Provident Metals before the price tanked and premiums soared (3/13).

20. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bought 5 rolls that day and I'm still waiting. Friday the 13th, who'd have thought?

TyCobb likes this.
  21. Collecting Nut

As a retired postal manager that's not how it works. Please reference my above post.

Draft saved Draft deleted