Warning Signs of a Crash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Ainslie Bullion, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, a little over a trillion dollars left the US equity market last week, and the best I can see is, it didn't go into anything, so the trust is in Greenbacks. Kind of makes sense. The dollar has been a real pillar of strength so folks feel comfortable holding them until the dust settles.

As far as something "Big" coming, who knows, but I am sure I have been through worse. For next week, this is just a total guess, but I would think we might see more pain in equities until things shake out, but I don't see much of money flowing into metals. It is just too little time, since folks went that route and got burnt.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I'm honestly expecting just about everything to go down. It's a liquidity and leverage thing....

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Perhaps the have's do have all than can get, and the have not's won't give up what they have left. Zero growth will hurt the big players more than the small players. Eventually the big players will have to spend some of what they have. They can't bare to think of no returns on their money or even loosing some of their wealth. (They hate giving up power and control). There is no trust between these two groups. But neither one can work alone without the other. We maybe seeing a stalemate between each side like we currently see in government. The small investors are taking their money out of most markets and are sitting on it. The big investors can't find a trend, or growth potential, big enough to satisfy their needs; so they do nothing. This will cause the zero growth to happen. The smaller investor gave up on the system when after the bail out, banks sat on the cheaper money and did not lend it out, and companies took their share and never reinvested it into our own economy. It went out into the world market which did not help us here.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  5. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Guess like he was right.....

Stock market crashing.

Ainslie Bullion likes this.
  6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, you can look at it that way, but predicting a stock market "crash" correction, is sort of like predicting rain. There has been 27 corrections (-10% - 20%) in US stock market history, there is no reason whatsoever to think we would not see 28.

He was not predicting a correction though. This is somethign he was quoting

"A ride like no generation has ever seen. I am 100 percent confident it will hit within the next few months.”

So as of yet, he is no where close to being "right"

Also he was recommending Gold to save yourself. Well, even with equities taking a whooping and the Greenback getting smacked. Gold is still down for the day. So, I am really not sure what he was right about.

7. PeacePeople

Gold might be down, but it's minor in comparison. Add to that this might no be over and it's too early to call either way.

I'm not so keen on the PM pimps, but in the end I hope everyone can make their own informed decision...

8. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

I lost a good percentage on my 401K nothing I could do about unless I loose money putting it in some other safe fund. I'm going to wait out this week to see what happens hopefully not another 2008 because hell we haven't recovered from that and were at 1977 employment levels.

9. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I would not even begin to think this is over. I was just disagreeing that the OP was "right" As you said, "way too early to call" Sure is exciting though :)

10. PeacePeople

I'm sure some don't find this exciting at all.

Honestly, I thought we'd see this about 10 or 11 months ago.

11. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Absolutely correct, some won't find it exciting, but quite frankly, if this is keeping them up at night, they are either playing the wrong game or they are doing it wrong. I have been doing this for a very long time and this is just par for the course. I am sitting at my desk now, and there are many who are looking at today like it is just another Monday, but their are folks around me running scared. These are the poor chaps that will most likely make a bad decision. You just can't hold on too tight.

From Top Gun:

Cougar: No sir, I'm holding on too tight, I've lost the edge.

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Hey Oh, Let's Go! :p

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, fine.

14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

LOL....

15. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

I bet these guys stack Bullion

16. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I'm loving life. I just made the final move out of stable value - back into mid-cap stocks - and it will trigger at 1pm PST today.

Yeah, I'm gloating. Everyone was trying to find a binary answer (yes or no) while I'm looking at macro trends and making safe educated estimates.

I moved out of stocks when the market was over 18k - safe small moves in 15% increments over 3 months.

I started moving back into stocks (mid and large cap funds) in 10-15% increments back in July after the Dow had already seen a 5% correction and now we've seen the big drop over the last 2 weeks.

I staved off an overall 7% principal loss and bought back in after the full expected market correction (estimated was ~10%).

Whether it goes up or down is anyone's guess, but I played the last 6 months correctly and bought enough gold to lower my DCA to under 1200/oz with a strong future.

Viva La Contrarion!

longnine009 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted