Warning Signs of a Crash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Ainslie Bullion, Aug 19, 2015.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

In cointalk's case the two are basically the same as Doug and Peter writes the rules. The mods enforce them as best they can. It is not that members or mods agrees with the poster, just that as long as they stay within the limits, they can have their opinion, no matter how '--------' one may think it is. I still have to occasionally fight off the 'flat earth people' and 'moon landings are faked' believers in public, even though evidence exists. The conspiracy mode of many defy such.
    What is not known to the above are how many times posts are removed and how many infractions occur, generally for spam , excessive cut/paste. or not crediting the original sources. Give the author you mention a little credit in that his business or intentions are not really hidden, and if people are attracted to that , unless they owe us money, they have been made aware. Just no one violate the rules trying to save a believer.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

Amazing that with the DOW down over 440 points , about -2.6%, The GDX ( gold miners) is down -3.2% , and POG is only up 0.49%.

People might be worried about the stock market, but they sure aren't trusting gold either.

Look at the USD/MXN Peso , 16.988.....Wow,

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I'm just glad it's happening on the 7th of October as it means I can cancel that dentist appointment on the 8th. Not much point worrying about a few teeth when I'm about to lose my skin.

lucyray and green18 like this.
  5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I don't think there is much trust in anything at the moment. Euro and Asian stock indexes are down in a big way too....it's scary right now. I don't know if it's a correction or if something big is coming, but it's not looking very rosy anywhere right now...

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Just a correction.........I hope. :)

rzage likes this.
  7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Thus the phrase, "view such presentations cynically".

Regarding spending, we need people to spend, but we don't want them to spend on unworthy product either . . . that just incentivizes Americans turning out inferior product. Spending with discretion, and purchasing only good value will ensure that the most viable businesses will more likely survive than will those marketing the product du jour.

As for how our economy is doing, I agree that it is doing better than most, but it is still anemic. That assessment has nothing at all to do with recent events . . . if you'd asked me a month ago if our economy was doing well, I'd still have said no.

Finally, I am not a supporter of the poorly veiled marketing approach employed by the OP . . . if they created more posts demonstrating an interest in subjects other than the direction of the price of bullion - in true numismatic subjects, collecting habits / interests of others, anecdotes or historical content - I'd feel like they weren't simply treating members like marks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    rzage likes this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

With all the abuse this guy takes (OP) I'm surprised he still shows up.....Detecto? Dat you in drag? devil.gif

9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Now that the dow is getting it in the neck, let's lock arms and be nice to each other is in the air. Okay fine. Why not start with the OP? What's he done to deserve the treatment he gets?

10. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Buying the best product goes without saying . Any major purchase and even smaller ones like a toaster should be researched . What I meant was , some people when reading all these doomsday posts will put off buying necessities like home repair or even putting off health issues . Things that will only result in larger problems down the road and hurt the economy.

11. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Maybe it's because in the short while he's been here , every post is basically the same . A doomsday scenario and why we should put all our money into PMs .

12. longnine009

He has as much right to be cynical as others do to be optimistic.

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm having a great deal of trouble deciding just which "side" is cynical and which is optimistic.

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

So many times I have seen precious metals rise when the market is sinking. Not this time. Money isn't moving around like it usually does. It's like no one trusts anything. Perhaps global investments and global markets are not where the future is at? Perhaps preservation is the wave of the future, not growth. I notice my house value has increased nicely this year. Back to real estate?

15. desertgem

It is like one of our 7.0 earthquakes. You don't run out and repair all of the damage the next day, as there are sure to be afterquakes. Just do emergency repairs.

16. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

How did it happen in 2008? I seem to recall the early part of that starting off kind of like this.

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

IMHO, he has violated Coin Talk Rule 3.

3 – Self Promotion – self promotion is not permitted on Coin Talk

So it is not what he is saying, I mean I disagree with you all the time, but your motivation is not to sell bullion. His only reason for posting is to promote his business.

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

IMO, the reason folks are not flocking to metals is simple. Way too many people got burnt trying to run to safety. I mean it really worked out poorly for those folks the last time, so why would they do it again?

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

The same as always, more sellers than buyers. It should be fun next week to see what happens......:)

20. longnine009

Driving that train high on cokeynes,
    uncle fed you better watch your speed.
    The Greatful Un-Dead :p

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    green18 likes this.
  21. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Love that album... yup, what a long strange trip it's been... ;)

longnine009 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted