Warning Signs of a Crash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Ainslie Bullion, Aug 19, 2015.

1. There are so many warning signs of a financial crash being close it would be foolish to ignore even one of them. They are many and varied but let’s just look at a few…

• Yields on junk bonds are soaring. They did this just before the GFC as well. But this time it is far far worse. US corporations have issued an incredible $9.3 trillion (well over 50% of US GDP) in bonds since the GFC. For what? Not investing in P&E or improvements, but buying their own stock or issuing dividends, and of course lifting share prices to record levels. Junk grade bonds have risen to an eye watering $2.2 trillion and yields have more than doubled in a year to over 16% - spurred along by the yuan devaluation last week. For the Fed to raise rates now with this happening would be financial market suicide. In broader bond market terms we have seen bonds (remember bonds are just issued debt) markets grow from $80 trillion to over $100 trillion since the GFC. The derivatives market that uses this bond bubble as collateral is over $555 trillion in size. Game over if that collapses.
    • Copper (often referred to as Dr Copper in reference to its defacto economist role on the health of global markets) is at a post GFC low. As the graph below clearly depicts the price is equal to that just before the GFC. Despite the Fed printing $3.6 trillion, and likewise Japan, plus China, and plus the ECB, it is falling again.

If you think Copper is too narrow a metric, more broadly the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index to Europe crashed by 23% in just 5 days.

[​IMG]

• And if we just look at cycles - one person who has called markets pretty well over time using cycle analysis is Larry Edelson, editor of Real Wealth Report and Supercycle Trader. Here’s what he had to say this week:
    “On October 7, 2015, the first economic super cycle since 1929 will trigger a global financial crisis of epic proportions. It will bring Europe, Japan and the United States to their knees, sending nearly one billion human beings on a roller-coaster ride through hell for the next five years. A ride like no generation has ever seen. I am 100 percent confident it will hit within the next few months.”

As a reminder if you look at the 5 worst years on the Australian stock market in about the last 50 years they fell on average 24.5%. In those very same years gold averaged a RISE of 38.5%.- i.e. gold saved 63% of your money. More simply in the GFC, shares halved and gold doubled. Are you ready for what is coming?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

... said the Bullion Dealer who registered a month ago. Now THIS is a creative method to sell bullion. To suckers.

4. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I am not an economist, so my opinion is probably not too valid. Then again, even economists don't always agree with each other, or get it right all that often, either. Ha, ha! Regardless, having clean water, a safe surrounding, and taking good care of our health should always be no. 1, regardless.

mikem2000 and Endeavor like this.
  5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I don't agree with what he says but he has just as much right to post here as anyone.

6. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Oh good lord. These people are shysters, vagabonds, and thieves.

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Guess I better sell my house and buy gold . If the dollar is so useless why will you and other bullion sellers take it in payment .

serafino, Daniel Jones and Endeavor like this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

But don't worry!!!! As planet X will strike the earth on Sept. 23/24th depending on where you are, and 5 BILLION people will go on a roller coaster ride. Since both of these predictions are on the internet, They both MUST be 100% TRUE!!.....or not

Buy aluminum foil !!

lucyray, green18, mikem2000 and 4 others like this.
  9. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with you, but this person is fear mongering to peddle his bullion. As rzage said, they are telling everyone to convert their money to metal yet they are selling metal for money. This to me is spamming the forum and I wish the moderators would remove this junk.

10. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Well said, Endeavor. Well said.

Endeavor likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And what of the other 45 years?

Or are you simply claiming to offer sound advice about market timing -- a prediction of when the next one of those "worst years", those very rare years when gold outperforms equities, will come along?

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Absolute spam and I'm getting tired of it myself. Maybe the mods could give him the left boot instead of the right. As long as he gets the boot I think many members would be happier than a fly on spit. :D

Endeavor likes this.
  13. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

We went through this "it's gonna crash" thing more than a few times in the last few years.

I think it's some sort of business strategy to advertise that the whole world is just going to crumble, so "buy everything from me". Something like that. ;)

serafino likes this.
  14. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

It's always good to hear both sides of an issue. The OP represents the Bullion sellers in a very revealing way. :)

15. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I remember back in 2003, my dad bought into the planet X hype because it was supposed to wipe us all out then. Well, so much for predictions. Ha, ha! However, there truely are dangers with our populace which should be understood and avoided.

16. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

The Prophets of Doom have been around for many years. And some try to profit from their scare tactics. Most people ignore them.

17. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

It's good to view such presentations cynically, as the motive behind the writing is quite obvious.

Just don't do yourself a disservice by refusing to at least consider the argument as potentially valid, simply because it was written as a marketing piece.

18. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I'm telling you guys, I control this market. When I move, it moves. But always in the opposite direction. When the boys upstairs see that i'm buying, the price drops within 24 hours. When they see I'm selling, a rally ensues shortly after.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, the mods are on you side so far, but I do disagree. This is nothing but self promotion for profit. He posts the same infomercials on many different blogs/forums.

In legal circles, there is the "letter of the law" and the "spirit of the law". More times than not the "spirit of the law" will be followed. So while this bullion pumper may be following the "letter" of the coin talk rules, I believe he is breaking the "spirit" of the rules. Maybe the mods will change their view :)

lucyray and rzage like this.
  20. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Problem with posts like this is they make people wary of the economy , which is doing better than most and a lot better from 2008 . To really recover more we need people to spend yet we have people like this constantly telling the people the sky is falling which makes them cut back on spending thus hurting our economy more . I read these so called reports all over on every form of medium , they're always selling something . Sure read and be informed but some people believe this junk .

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Right Jim......tin hat on.......:)

download.jpeg

Daniel Jones and rzage like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted