Value of 2012 1oz gold libertad pcgs70

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by midas1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

you have to decide which way your going here, our you investing or collecting ?
    If collecting i am all for collecting what you want for sure, and yes i am guilty
    Of paying to much for what i want, example i paid $500 ( in value ) trade
    For a note that i just had to have to complete an MPC set i was building but
    The note was only worth $250 but there was only 5 in population at the
    Highest grade point, so what do you do...LOL

Now if your investing, the is a completely different animal, you have to
    Be smarter then a 5th grader..LOL, you want to keep premiums to
    a bare minimum ! and that,s the rub, as i said in a previous post
    Everybody has to make money :)

To add to this proofs and special editions may be partially exempt
    just because these are more presentation pieces and more of
    A collector item.

midas1 and Garlicus like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

That is a gorgeous coin :)

midas1 likes this.
  4. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

People buy want they want, some people prefer graded coins and they're willing to pay the price for graded coins. Others prefer not to pay the premium for graded coins.
    Personally, I believe people buy what they feel comfortable buying.

I know people that only collect graded coins and they're relatively easy to do business with.

I don't believe in criticizing what other people collect. I see some bizarre collections in my travels.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"]The night before I bought this coin there was a beautiful 2011 Libertad DCAM PCGS MS70 for not much more than I paid for the MS70. The following evening when I logged on to buy it it was gone.

My coin is one of 3,000 and one of 70 graded PCGS MS70.

If only 70 coins exist graded PCGS MS70 I'm assuming I'll get at least what I paid for it.

I'm considering unloading all of my coins.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Some months after that set was released MS/PR70 sets were going for $1,700.00.

I've got three or four MS/PR70 5 coin anniversary sets
    and a couple MS69 sets. Should kept one MS/PR70 set then unloaded the rest of them.

Not long after the ($1189.00) 2009 1oz $20.00 Ultra High Relief coin was released MS70 coins were selling for $3400.00.

7. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Yeah, I held on to my 3 sets for too long. Still have them, ungraded. Typical me, lol. Eh, at least I don’t ‘need’ the money.

midas1 likes this.
  8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

When I started collecting graded coins. Fellow member Krispy in another thread wrote it's best to flip graded desired coins or collector coins as soon as possible. He was right.
    I don't remember what the non graded sets were selling for I do remember they sold for a premium over cost.

9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

I would qualify that statement by adding in ‘newly released’, as older coins aren’t as susceptible to large, quick market swings. You can (with a little more certainty) expect vintage coins to appreciate, or at least not crash overnight. The same goes with all collectibles - sports cards, beanie babies, stamps, etc...

midas1 likes this.
  10. ddddd

ddddd Member

The 2011 Eagle sets were in the $600-$900 range raw (original package) not too long after release. In general, many US Mint items peak in value in a short period after release. Very few have held their value and many are under issue price nowadays.

Garlicus and midas1 like this.
  11. mpcusa

Me neither, many people have never heard of MPC, S ( they say what the heck are
    Those !!) when they find out what there really worth, they go WOW !! LOL

midas1 likes this.
  12. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

The Libertard in this pic had a population of 12 last time I checked years ago.

I’m a fan of graded bullion, I didn’t pay more than 1.2xmelt for any of these coins if when I pass my wife only gets melt, that’s her stupid fault but would still be fair....I just enjoy owning cheap examples of those coins.

Attached Files:

midas1 and Garlicus like this.
  13. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

There better not be a reflection of my balls in that picture.

midas1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted