US Mint Release National Park Service , Winner or Loser?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Mar 19, 2016.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I like the gold, but doubt they go up in value. I might buy a graded 7 later.

4. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I just can't get my mind wrapped around most of the design and engraving coming out of the mint these days. Maybe I'm old school. It's just plain embarrassing to me as an American seeing some of the stuff they're releasing. I actually cringe when I see it! IMO I've seen better design and engraving coming from some 3rd world countries! I try not to buy the gold, silver or slab...just the coin. Just my opinion...

Blissskr and Taxidermist like this.
  5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I like it but I won't get one. Commems are a fools errand for future gains so if you like it get it if you don't it's not a flipper

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah, flippers are few and far between nowadays, I remember back in 54. j/k laughhard.gif

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The gold is the best looking one of the bunch but like mentioned the changes of it not being cheaper on the after market are low. I may get one eventually on the after market but not from the mint.

The silver dollar reverse for these is also very weird

8. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Too much like the Yellowstone Dollar.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  9. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I'll be getting the silver dollars & clad half dollars. The designs are not that bad or at least I've seen worse from the Mint!! :joyful:

onecenter likes this.
  10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

I wish they would stick to something... The art direction is all over the board on recent releases I would call them amateur CG art that is flat and lifeless. You could say America is all over the board and has no direction as a country. Which is a reflection of the coinage. I think they would change the currency and coins if it wasn't for the Millions of service machines vending machines and self checkout change makers. So the Mint is in a rock and a Hard Place.

Instead of graceful women on coins we get stuff from the past.....

stoster38 likes this.
  11. onecenter

onecenter Member

Will be doing the same in both proof and uncirculated. Have to keep my modern commemorative silver and clad collection 100% complete.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    stoster38 likes this.
  12. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

I think these compliment the AtB & 5oz series .

13. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I didn't think of it in that way but I would agree [emoji4]

14. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

15. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I know we all collect gold, silver, silver coins, gold coins, tokens and the like. I looked at the site several times and kept asking myself, I said "self" $45.95 for a limited item, 500,000 minted, in it's own box, offered up on the first day, today, in celebrating 100 years of the park service ? Assuming the coin IS .900% silver .100% copper, do I make a snap judgement to buy right now? $45.95 ? No I don't have deep pockets, I just believe it should have been .999 fine and then, just maybe, I would have gone for it but, sorry no.

16. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Hopefully, going forward, the change in the language of how much silver you can use will allow 99.99% commemorative coinage!!

17. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

I'm getting 2 each 16CG AND 1 EACH 16CC, 16CA AND 16CE

18. Andrew G.

Andrew G. Active Member

I agree with the bear's points. 500,000 coins and 90% pure is a no go. I believe the only winner would be a gold MS70 PL.

19. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Modern commemoratives......oh yeah, they'll be worth thousands.

20. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

In my opinion, the premiums and mintages are too high. I'll stick to Eagles.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

In for a gold unc, silver unc, silver proof, clad unc, and clad proof. That is all......over & out.

Draft saved Draft deleted