US Mint New One oz Gold Coin to be Released Soon

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by midas1, Jul 10, 2015.

1. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

TinyURL.com/pv5leu3

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I don't know........I said, in another thread, that I was on the fence with this one but the more I look at that eagle reverse the more I like it.

4. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

Will there be a feeding frenzy for this coin like the HST Coin and Chronicle or will it sell like the gold Kennedy?

American Liberty 2015 High Relief Gold Coin

will be available for sale on July 30, 2015, at 12 noon (ET).

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Is it the funky chicken reverse?

Chris

PS. A belated happy birthday to you, Greenie.

green18 likes this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not seeing it. 50000 is a pretty high mintage for an expensive gold coin. I also don't see this one gaining the momentum of the 2009 UHR, with all its "as St. Gaudens intended" mystique.

What does everybody else think?

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

How many 2009 UHR gold coins were minted?

8. -jeffB

115,000. I've assumed their durable premium in the aftermarket stems from the design's background and popularity, not their mintage. (Witness the nearly-dead market for First Spouse gold, with most mintages under 10K.)

9. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Anybody know the price?

10. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

What happened to the pic ?

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I believe this is a collector coin and not bullion. Shouldn't the post be moved to a different forum?

12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I don't like the design, so I'll pass

13. rzage

I really don't care for a short haired Miss Liberty or the way the leaves are arranged around her head . Pass .

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Dunno - for me, a bullion coin is a piece that is produced according to demand, not with a limited mintage. But then dozens of topics in BI should not be here. ;)

Images are here by the way:
    http://catalog.usmint.gov/american-liberty-2015-high-relief-gold-coin-UH8.html

Christian

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I want one.

However, (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I hate the cheesy packaging.

The 2009 UHR packaging was over the top...I'm not suggesting that. I think this coin would look nice in a leather/wood box like the 1 Oz Buffalo.

USS656 likes this.
  16. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Maybe one still haven't decided. I agree about the packaging, Cheap looking for such a nice coin

17. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

Isn't Liberty anyone? It's just a symbol of Mercia the worst design I think are the Late large Cents but that was 100+ years ago. The early Large cents Caped Bust and Draped are decent.

18. -jeffB

Well, there's this morning's reminder that I'm old: I'm sitting here giggling at a post that complains about short hair on Liberty -- and then quotes John Lennon in the sig. :)

rzage likes this.
  19. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Another gold slug from the Mint.

If you want one just wait a few months. You can get that PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST STRIKE for less than issue price. Especially if gold keeps tanking. These will perform just like the Kennedys.

Early on there will be just enough made to satisfy the Mints "special" customers, a few "big boy" flippers and a few regular customers that want just one. Then they will go on BO until November 14, 2015.

Don't fall into the trap that these will be hard to get. Make those flippers eat their own lunch.

20. rzage

We're all getting old . Just not as old as Doug !!!!!;)

21. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Whats the issue price on this...?....I think I would pay about 1.2x melt

Draft saved Draft deleted