US Mint Authorized Purchasers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TopcatCoin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Does anyone have a current list of the US Mint Authorized Purchasers? These are the companies that can buy the raw bullion ASE, AGE and AGB coins directly from the US Mint. I have heard that there are only 6 that are qualified to do so. Thanks! TC

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

4. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Has anyone had any experience with Dillon Gage Metals in Dallas, TX? If so how do you go about dealing with them? I see they have a website but it does not answer the questions I have. Does this place have a storefront that I can go into and pick and choose the years that I want or do I just make an order for XX amount of ounces of silver bullion and they give me randomly selected coins out of a bag?

5. CappedBustDimes

CappedBustDimes Senior Member

An email or old fashioned phone call may get you the answers you seek?

http://www.dillongage.com/Contact/tabid/48/Default.aspx

Dillon Gage Metals
    Toll-free: 800.375.4653
    metals@dillongage.com

Bullion Trading
    trading@dillongage.com
    FizTrade Online, Real-Time Trading
    fiztrade@dillongage.com
    Jewelry Close-out
    jewelry@dillongage.com
    Rare Coins, Numismatics
    rarecoins@dillongage.com

Dillon Gage Headquarters
    15301 Dallas Parkway
    Suite 200
    Addison, Texas 75001
    (Map / Driving Directions)

Toll-free: 800.375.4653
    Main: 972.386.2901

Securities
    securities@dillongage.com
    Commodities
    commodities@dillongage.com
    Insurance
    insurance@dillongage.com

6. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Ill try to give them a call today and see what they say.

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Last I heard, which was about 2 years ago, there were 14 authorized purcahsers. This was confirmed by the US Mint (in a Coin World article if I remember correctly).

8. Thanks! I will look that reference up online. TC

9. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

I called Dillon Gage today and they do have a physical store that you can go into. The guy on the phone said that they were a wholesaler and that if I wanted to buy ASE's that there is a $3,000 minimum purchase required for purchases. He did say that they were expecting 2010 ASE's by next week. I guess going over there while in Dallas to pick up a few 2010 ASE's is not really feasible for most people.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

And I'm pretty sure you will get similar responses from all of the approved buyers.

11. wagair2

wagair2 Junior Member

I just completed a transaction buying silver eagles from apmex.com They are taking preorders for 2010 silver eagles now. I would recommend them.

12. krispy

krispy krispy

Great link, good to see the list of dealers we often refer to. Thanks for posting this. I have noticed the increase in production numbers for these coins that Elaine has been posting almost daily for the last few days.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Kripes, probably not going to see any proofs and unc. collectors pieces (ASE's) from the mint this year. And I was so optimistic......

Thanks for the link Topcat.:)

14. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

15. BAJJERFAN

BAJJERFAN Member

One of the APs?

Draft saved Draft deleted