US Buffalo Canceled!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Argento, Jul 5, 2009.

1. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

If you notice on the press release page this news is not an actual press release but is a picture of text on the new changes. This is why i said it is so hard to keep track of what the mint intends to do, they don't put out actual press releases in case they change their minds.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Looks like you are correct. The mint will be making the uncirculated bullion as well as the proof one ounce buffalo gold coins. This according to the latest Coin World.

4. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks CentDime & T$ for the update/links...

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Hey Krispy...looks like all our complaining worked after all! ;)

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Hope so! The timing of your call and this 'update' are very auspicious... =)

8. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

9. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

It was not to release any burnished uncircs not the bullion coins.

10. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

And Garrett, most of us collectors believed that the bullion coins would be canceled, because the mint is never clear on anything.

11. Argento

Argento Perplexed

So, apparently Coin World was talking out of its arse when they announced the cancellation. Go, Coin World.

12. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Well boys I see that those "authorized purchasers" will just get richer......

The good thing is less blanks for the proofs...:bow:

13. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Going all-in on the proofs this year would appear to be the prudent option. That is, of course, unless the US Mint went so hog wild in their efforts to accumulate blanks that they overshot their estimates to an obscene degree and are now flush with gold stockpiles as far as the eye can see...

14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I will use a vacation day the day the Proofs go on sell...:hail::hail::hail:

15. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Make sure you stretch your mouse finger. Minimizes injuries when mashing the refresh button.

16. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

american buffalo is well alive now. go go go. to be honest. i like the box only.

17. krispy

krispy krispy

Yuck! Those boxes are so cheap looking and the whole magnetic thing for display is so hokey. Also, when new the proof coins are so tightly stuffed in the hole you really have to push to get the encapsulated coin loose, I'd suspect with some degree of risking popping the case open and damaging the coin inside. Those boxes are such a waste of materials, low quality and drive the cost up unnecessarily.

Draft saved Draft deleted