US Buffalo Canceled!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Argento, Jul 5, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

what about the bullion american platinum and gold coins?. is the mint cancel that too?.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

No clue, but we know that there will be no W's...
    I don't know if that is still true about there only being the one ounce proof though, I didn't think the one ounce proof would be available.

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Oh Jacer, reading is fundamental and if you hadn't noticed, the link you provided is the exact same link that Argento provided to launch this discussion. So, it seems we've come full circle. I'd like to thank the academy ...and so on.

It's been fun and if anyone thinks this discussion has been a serious one, they are mistaken, for my supporting role, I could care less about the buff coin. I was merely poking Argento and Jacer with a stick because they seem so passionate with their alpha male chest thumping that they made oh ..so easy targets. It was merely for entertainment purposes and now that everyones 15 minutes of fame has run it's course, I bid you good night. As Maury says, until next time America.

5. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

"So passionate with their alpha male chest thumping"

Thanks to Andrew, we now have a new name for collectors who are are passionate about the hobby and like to share exciting news with the group. We are called Alpha Males and apparently we like to chest thump. Thank you too Andrew, because you have succeded in belittling everyone that seems to disagree with you, that we have all decided to stay in our holes next time and let Andrew run the show. Now who was....oh, how did you say it..."Alpha male chest thumping"? But let me ask you this Andrew, why the heck are your even contributing to this thread when you so eloquently put it... "I could care less about the buff coin." Nobody wants to hear from you if you can't contribute anything positive. The forum would be much better place with people like you gone.

6. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

You are very welcome.

There is a difference being passionate and being so egotistical that it warps all common sense. Don't sugar coat the real issue as passion.

I was contributing because you can't prove your position any more that I could prove mine. We both go on beliefs and assumption and when you talk down to those who disagree with you then, yeah ..some will call you out. I'm just standing up to a bully who thinks he speaks the gospel when actually he is spouting his beliefs.

Sorry but as long as there are forum bullies trying to force feed their beliefs as fact, I'm not going anywhere.

Thank you and have a nice day :)

PS ..in case you don't know what alpha males are:

"In work settings, the alpha male may be a natural leader, exuding confidence. But he also may be contentious, demanding and difficult to work with. This is thought to be in part due to the alpha male attempting to retain his stature, however unconsciously, as alpha. Being the top salesperson, the quickest worker, the most aggressive boss may contribute to remaining at the top, and the alpha male has a tendency to respond aggressively to any attempts by others to outshine him.
    This is true in non-human settings too. The alpha male is continually being tested to see if he remains dominant and may need to stage pitched fights with upcoming males in a group to remain “top dog.” In the human setting, the alpha male usually doesn’t fight physically, but instead acts with language, brusque or dismissive behavior, or with other tactics to remain at the top."

7. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Thank you and I will. That was the first nice thing you have said during this whole thread. Feels good dosen't it? Who says there isn't a little good in everyone? :goof:

8. tmoneyeagles

9. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Great. I'm looking for one nice that you've said in this thread but still ...coming up empty.

Oh well. so far no sign of good in you.

10. tmoneyeagles

Okay enough of this hostility towards others.
    This thread went south due to me, and I will admit that, Andrew there is no reason to rip apart one of my good friends Joe.
    Andrew I consider you a friend as well, and we have spoken in private over this thread. Andrew when the mint announced in November that only the PROOF option will remain for the buffalo, you and I assumed that the bullion version was canceled as well, therefore, this whole thread was a waste of time, in your and my eyes.
    Lets face it, this wasn't announced until now, BUT they never said they were keeping the bullion, which lead people like us, who do follow this closely, to assume that the bullion was no longer going to be sold as well. One of my friends call Mint a while back, and asked what was going on, the representative said 1 ounce proof will remain and that is it, so that is another source along with what goes on in our minds.
    The yelling and shouting occurred between me and argento, and it should have stayed at that.
    I've laid down hard facts on this series, as has Joe, the sources are here.
    This thread needs to get back on track, enough, and I am being serious here, enough of this crap.
    Lets discuss buffalos, and if we can't do that, I will ask one of the mods to close this thread.

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

:thumb: :eat::eating:

12. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Oh T$

There has never been any hostility, from me anyway, just good clean disagreeing and arguing. I never ripped, I just tell it like it is. I agree this has been a total waste of time but after a while it became like a train wreck, you just couldn't turn away. For each attack and name calling, I had to defend. It's cool that you side with your buddy but folks sometime judge you by the company you keep. Not a dig ... just my opinion based on the behavior displayed here.

Best of luck to you.

I'm all for closing this thread because there is nothing further to discuss regarding the original topic.

13. tmoneyeagles

Andrew I'm not siding with anybody, I've said what I've said, and I am not going to change that, and we should let the thread speak for itself in my opinion.
    If we can't talk buffalos, there is no point of this thread anymore.

14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I'm sitting here thinking......hell this info is coming from the Mint and Pitney-Bowes not my COINTALK friends.....

I'll go and get peace pipe...we forget about Tatonkas....:thumb:

15. cesariojpn

cesariojpn Coin Hoarder

There is no God. Only the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

16. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

I noticed on another message board a large dealer still thinks there is a chance the bullion gold buffalo is released this year. This is the problem with the mint, lack of communication. I don't think they put out actual releases on these things as they probably want to keep open the chance of it happening.

We never got a release on the ending of the fractional coins either, we had to decipher it from the press or the annual report.

17. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Maybe the mint is waiting to see how many people complain about the AGB being canceled. If nobody complains, the mint may think that there is no demand for them and decide against minting them.

18. krispy

krispy krispy

That's a good point. A few signatures or letters from passionate numismatists may be in order... or a bunch of phone call inquiries to urge the operators to report the demand of customers.

19. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

The mint is going to release the 2009 proof one ounce buffalo so there will be a buffalo coin this year. I think they are putting all the effort into that one coin as they make more money off of it and they just can't get enough blanks I bet for the bullion ounce.

Also the high relief gold coin may have taken away some of the blanks that would have gone to the buffalo coins.

20. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Good point! :thumb:

Just like I did last summer, I am going to have a cleaning house sale to raise some money for the proof. Fortunately, I won't need as much money as I did last year.

Has anyone noticed the prices starting to creep up this week on the buffalo coins? I have been keeping my eye out for a 2008 Bullion Buff and the prices are slowly on the rise. I could kick myself because i had a chance to get one a few weeks ago at just over $1,000, but wanted to see if the price would come down below that. Now you can't find them less than 1200. Just my luck. :headbang:

21. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

The mint has confirmed now that they will release a 2009 bullion buffalo coin on their press releases page.

2009 American Buffalo Gold Bullion Coin Update — Annual production of the United States American Buffalo Gold Bullion Coins is required by law. As a result, the United States Mint is presently developing a production and launch schedule to determine the earliest possible release of these coins through the Authorized Purchaser network.

This will be I assume the one ounce bullion coin with no mintmark that dealers sell.

That means they will release two different buffalo coins for 2009, the one ounce proof and the one ounce bullion unless things change again. Isn't it funny how the mint always changes things like this?

Draft saved Draft deleted