Two Books on Ancient Coins - Giveaway for new collectors

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancientcoinguru, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

In the spirit of many others who have given away coins and books to new collectors, I would like to offer these 2 books to new collectors of ancient coins (2 years or less). Please let me know which of the books you would prefer, and on Friday, I will randomly select a winner for each book.

Manning, Anne. Valentine Duval: an autobiography. Wisconsin: Clio’s Closet, 1990. 142p, illus, 6 ¼ x 9 ¼. with dust jacket, like new.
    Duval lived 1695-1775, a collector of ancient coins and gems, an author of several numismatic books, he helped to establish the Vienna courts magnificent collection of ancient coins​

Sayles, Wayne G. Ancient Coin Collecting II: Numismatic Art of the Greek World. Krause Publications, 1997. 197p, well illus, 6 ¼ x 9 ¼ . with dust jacket, like new.

I am reducing my library of ancient Greek, Rome, and Islamic books/periodicals, so over the next few weeks, will be posting give aways and sales. Here's a link to my 1st list of books for sale:
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/books-ancient-greek-roman-coins.317670/#post-3098756

Ed Snible, zumbly, randygeki and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Very generous offer. I would be very interested in the Sayles book for sure.
    However I am in Canada. I would be more than willing to pay the shipping but just want to make sure you would be OK with that. If this is an issue please withdraw my name. Thank you for your consideration and best of luck with the give away and the sales.

Deacon Ray and ancientcoinguru like this.
  4. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

@ancientcoinguru please do not consider this an entry. I just wanted to say that this is a very nice thing you are doing.

5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

NICE @ancientcoinguru ! Just the praise for you. Please do NOT put me in for consideration.

6. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I'm not submitting my name for consideration but I want to commend you for your kindness and charity, @ancientcoinguru ! Well done! There's no greater feeling than sharing what we have with others especially young and/or new ancient coin collectors. I and I'm sure many of us have books and coins that we have acquired over the years that are interesting but don't really relate to our primary ancient coin collecting focus.

ancientcoinguru likes this.
  7. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

This is not an entry, I have both books and am far from a new collector, but I wanted to add to the posts above commending your generosity.

8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

How nice, @ancientcoinguru! I particularly like the Wayne Sayles book. Someone new collector will be delighted to have it. (this is not an entry)

ancientcoinguru and Deacon Ray like this.
  9. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Reminds me that I just got a book yesterday from another collector who figured I could give it to someone else who can use it. I'll post it soon.

ancientcoinguru, Orfew and Deacon Ray like this.
  10. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

I'm not entering. But, I wanted to thank you for your awesome generosity, ancientcoinguru!

You're a boss!

Erin:cool:

11. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Ditto

12. ancientcoinguru

Congratulations @Clavdivs! You were the only one who entered, so there was no need for a drawing:). Please send me a PM with your address. I do not mind shipping to Canada.

13. ancientcoinguru

Also, my thanks to the seasoned collectors for your kind words!

If anyone would like the Duval autobiography, please let me know.

14. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

15. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

AncientCoinGuru... thank you very much! I am very excited to put the book to good use and will definitely remember your generosity and pass it on. PM sent.

16. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Congrats, @Clavdivs!!

17. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Draft saved Draft deleted