WTS: BOOKS - ANCIENT GREEK & ROMAN COINS

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by ancientcoinguru, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

I have decided to sell some of the ancient coin books and periodicals from my library since I need the space, and my interests have shifted. I have tried to price them at a significant discount over current retail. Over the next few weeks, I will be listing books and periodicals on ancient Greek, Rome, and Islamic coinage.

Please note that the prices include media mail shipping…to the US ONLY.
    You can pay by PalPal (sending to a friend) or personal check. Any questions, please ask.

Burnett, Andrew, etc. editor. Coins of Macedonia and Rome: essays in honour of Cherles Hersh. Spink, 1998. 229p, 34 plates, 9 x 11. with dust jacket, like new. $50

Head, Barkley. Catalogue of the Greek Coins in the British Museum. Arnaldo Forni, 1977. (Reprint of Catalogue of the Greek coins of Ionia, BMC , 189-). 453p, 39 plates,tables, map, 7 x 9 ¾ . like new. $50

Svoronos, J.N. L'Hellenisme Primitif de la Macedoine: prouve par la numismatique et l'or du pangee. Chicago: Obol International, 1979 (unchanged reprint of the 1919 edition) 265p, 19 plates,1 table,1 map, 7 x 10. In French. Like new. $35

Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum(SNG) The Collection of the American Numismatic Society. Part 9: Graeco-Bactrian and Indo-Greek Coins. NY: AMS, 1998. 76 plates—text & plates integrated, 8 ½ x 12. like new. $175

Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum(SNG) Volume VII: Manchester University Museum: the Raby and Guterbock Collections. London: published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press and Spink and Son Ltd., 1986. 52 plates—text & plates integrated, 8 ½ x12. like new. $30

Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum(SNG) Volume X: The John Morcom Collection of Western Greek Bronze Coins. London: published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press and Spink and Son Ltd., 1995. 38 plates—text & plates integrated, indexes, 8 ½ x 12. like new. $50

Thompson, Margaret. Alexander's Drachm Mints. I: Sardes and Miletus. (Numismatic Studies, no. 16) NY: American Numismatic Society, 1983. 98p, 38 plates, 7 ¾ x 11. like new. $20

Thompson, Margaret. Alexander's Drachm Mints. II: Lampsacus and Abydus. (Numismatic Studies, no. 19) NY: American Numismatic Society, 1991. 77p, 34 plates, 8 ½ x12. like new. $20

Waage, Frederick O. Greek Bronze Coins from a Well at Megara (Numismatic Notes and Mongraphs, no. 70) ANS, 1935. Paper, 42p, 6 plates, 4 ½ x 6 ¾. Like new. $10

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018