TV Show "Pawn Stars" Guy swaps a 95K car for ALL GOLD

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by dan8802, Jun 6, 2011.

1. vintage1904

vintage1904 New Member

I have owned triumphs and bsas for a while. Theres somthing very neat about them. I built this one for so cal, and now In in the middle of nowhere in northern nevada, so the friscoed peanut tank that holds 2 gallons wont get me very far haha. Good luck with the harley. Thats what i like about the magnetos, theres 4 wires on my whole bike. bare bones.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evom777

Evom777 Make mine .999

I think that the gentleman with the Lincoln roadster did good by getting rid of that trailer queen. Anyone who`s investing in certain classic cars is putting themselves behind the eight-ball in today`s stagnant economy. (Even the Hemi-Mopars are starting to fall short of expected bids)

When I watched that episode, the thing I was wondering was exactly how much over spot did the pawn shop get on that gold?

4. fatima

fatima Junior Member

And a Lincoln V12 at that. It was a very famous line of vehicles which ironically was the basis for one of FDR's presidential vehicles. (FDR made gold currency illegal in the USA) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Special_%28Presidential_State_Car%29

Can't say who got the better deal there, but great story on Pawn Stars. Hopefully will wake up some people.

5. WoodyWW

WoodyWW Junior Member

I was struck at how small the pile of gold looked that $95K gets you now. I mean, I'd love to have that amount of gold!, but I was thinking what $95K would have bought in gold even 4-5-6 years ago.

The old guy (the seller) doing the car for gold deal, I don't know how "with it" he seemed. But maybe more so than the average seller on that show, some of whom seem totally clueless about what they have.

6. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

I'm sure "Chumley" was kept on the sidelines for this deal........................................

Draft saved Draft deleted