Tubes for 1 gram silver?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Adam34falcon, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Active Member

Hey,

Do you guys know of any tubes that will fit 1 gram silver bars or 1 gram silver rounds (bars preferably).

Thanks
    - Adam

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Deserttaxguy

Deserttaxguy New Member

I have to ask a dumb question, why would you buy silver in grams? Doesn't the price per ounce become prohibitive?

Blissskr and Adam34falcon like this.
  4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I hope he doesn't seriously believe he'll be needing them to make change, but anything's possible in a silver market where the sellers are "selling" financial apocalypse scenarios. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:vomit:

Adam34falcon likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Maybe a soda straw?

6. Adam34falcon

I normally do get one ounce rounds but I just like to have some 1 gram silver bars.

7. Adam34falcon

Wouldn't that be too small?

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Just drop them into a cent tube. Anything small enough to store these would likely get lost as easily as the gram bars.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  9. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

I have never bought them, but they seem like fun. In regards to an investment, their small size causes them to command a high premium, which has held over time, especally when they have a design on them. Therefore, they can still be a good investment even if the price does not reflect the melt value in my opinion.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The premium is there for the "sell", but I seriously it is there for the "buy".

11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Do they come with magnifying glasses?

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Looking on e-bay, one supplier says they are 13 mm, about the same as a silver three-cent, and a silver trime is 0.75 g

13. Adam34falcon

Thanks for the info

Thanks

https://www.apmex.com/product/246/17-9-mm-dime-size-round-coin-tube
    This dime tube is a little bit smaller it said, I would assume this works better than a cent tube?

tommyc03 likes this.
  14. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

There's also silver cards:

[​IMG]

brandon spiegel likes this.
  15. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

16. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

On an average of $2 a gram that's $40 an ounce silver. Might as well get a silver Krugerrand or two ASE"s...

FBLfinder likes this.
  17. Argenteus Fossil

Argenteus Fossil Active Member

I have some 1 gram bars. I keep mine in Airtites with the foam ring. No, they don't make them that small. Instead I put 5 or so in each Airtite. I use the ones with the foam rings so they don't bang around side to side so much. This way I can also stack up my gram bars alongside coins without worrying of getting misplaced.

18. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Current spot price puts a gram of silver at .55 cents.

19. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

some people collect the one gram silver bars simply because it's fun. On a whim I bought 30 of them, symbolic of 30 pieces of silver. They were of the Silver Bullet design. Now I saw that they had a design for just about anything, animals airplanes Prospectors trains planes automobiles maybe snakes I don't know green alligators and long necked geese some Humpty back camels and some chimpanzees maybe even a unicorn somewhere. it doesn't have to be all about profit or investment. Sometimes you just gotta have fun.

brandon spiegel likes this.
  20. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

31.1 grams in a troy ounce. At $2 a gram that's $62 an ounce.

21. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

Thats funny, I just came back to edit my post because I had realized my math was off. Yeah, $62 an ounce. Im an idiot, hehehe...

Adam34falcon and Michael K like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted