TRYING TO "Play the GSR" -- HORRIBLE IDEA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Apr 17, 2017.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yes true. The silver crowd must accept the "I didn't really want to win anyway" motto.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

No loss in owning something you like.
    It's like rare coins and anything else for that matter, there are no guarantees of a return profit.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Along with, apparently, the "I didn't really want to receive goods I paid for" motto.

I'll grant you this: your "take money for things and then don't deliver them" approach does beat the return on any other PM.

Dynoking likes this.
  5. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 99.65

Still Waiting

6. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Lol GSR now 100

Since this thread started Gold is up over $300 and silver is DOWN $3

The silver crowd is so used to losing they have adopted so many rationalizations to accept defeat. "Now I can buy it cheaper", "I don't like having money anyway", "It was just insurance, I didn't actually want it to go up", "If I like it, It isn't really a loss", "The manipulators cheated me".

Lol, If it keeps going down but you "like" it yes it's still a loss. Trust me you would like Gold a lot better and it has gone up pretty much more than any other asset. I don't even get the "I like it so it's ok that it's always a horrifying investment" rationale anyway. Silver is a pretty unattractive metal.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  7. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR is now 100 and I went to an LCS yesterday. Nothing has changed --- tubs and tubs and tubs of silver, and another case with thousands of ounces of silver bars just collecting dust. Noone wants it or at least the supply far outweighs demand. Now Gold don't even bother asking him - it's all sold out or he's keeping it. Not sure which it is but he's not selling you any.

It just shocks me that even as Gold continues to murder silver the real world reality hasn't changed a bit. LCS overrun with more silver than they will possibly ever sell. It's hard to understand really. I guess Its just Gold gets held no matter how high it goes. Silver gets sold as soon as a bill comes due regardless of how much loss is incurred. As much as I hate silver, I would expect it to be selling at this point and it isn't. Surely at $6 or $7 the LCS would actually be able to sell it. Is that what it would take ?

8. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

9. -jeffB

Just another periodic reminder that the "man" ragging on silver here put up a silver lot for sale on this site several years ago, collected payment from another CoinTalk user, and never delivered the silver. He refuses to address the issue or make good on the debt.

So: goldcollector badmouths silver, but rips off another member by offering to sell silver, and never delivering. Keep that in mind as you decide how much weight to attach to his posts.

10. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Must they?

slackaction1 likes this.
  11. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Again....how big of a swing do the two PMs need to play the ratio and at what frequency do we need to see that swing..?

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The GSR isn’t reliable enough to use for anything. It assumes a definitive correlation between silver and gold prices that doesn’t exist.

13. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

I'm sour because these forums can be good sources of info and discussion or you can have someone posting the same thing day after day thus contributing nothing. Your the one who posted that the GSR will never go below 55 or 40 or whatever then checks everyday. Enjoy reviving ancient threads to issue your standard post in the middle of the night.

Hope you have some other hobbies, Dude.

14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

He does. Scamming unsuspecting innocent buyers. Loser.

15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

16. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 101

Still Waiting

17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

18. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Losthomer I'm sorry you were 100% wrong, but if uncomfortable facts are that hard for you to handle you know you can avoid this thread or me altogether. I doesn't make an ounce of difference to me. But I will keep posting the GSR here as I said I would in post #1. No doubt had the GSR fallen instead of now tripling the silver crowd would have no problem bumping the thread. As evidenced by the fact they do even if it falls from 95 to 93. Or when it fell from 88 to 79 they were making comments even though I'm the only one who said there would be a correction before the fact.

You just need to stop going off all the hype and actually research this. It was obvious the GSR was going to keep going up toward 100 ( as I said in post #1). It was obvious. There are tens of billions ounces of silver they can't sell even now. Not to mention another 3-4 million new ounces every single day. Silver's all a hype game. I'm just offering the truth here.

19. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

You need to go soak your head, fry cook.

slackaction1 likes this.
  20. -jeffB

So why didn't you deliver your paltry few ounces after you received payment for them?

I don't personally know that you're a liar or a thief. But the evidence seems to point in that direction.

21. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

We know, your still waiting. You need to stop making assumptions about other members. You have no idea what I or other members hold in PMs. We all understand your position because you repeat it over and over again. How's that for some truth? I eagerly await new insights from the gold collector.

Draft saved Draft deleted