TRYING TO "Play the GSR" -- HORRIBLE IDEA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Apr 17, 2017.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Shouldn't you be making good on your debts? It's been over 800 days since @Garlicus sent your money.

Why are you so determined to hang onto that silver?

Garlicus likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. EdThelorax

EdThelorax Well-Known Member

The day I first posted on this thread:
    Gold $1428 now $1528 +$100 7%
    Silver $15.45 now $18.45 +$3 19%
    Bitcoin$12,200 now $8,600 -3600 -29%
    GSR 91.719 now 82.572 -9.147 -9.97%
    Let's talk about holding on to a losing idea, shall we?

4. -jeffB

For those keeping score at home, that was Dec 18 2018, right?

5. EdThelorax

You are correct, I didn't realize it has been that long already.
    The numbers I posted are not correct.
    I guess the whole thing was a losing idea on my end.
    I'm sorry.

6. -jeffB

I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to shoot you down, I was just trying to narrow it for context. What was the timepoint you had in mind with your previous post?

7. EdThelorax

Don't be sorry JeffB. I expect to be corrected when wrong. I'm wrong often enough that I am used to it and can take correction.
    Those figures were from June 24, 2019. There was a long lull in my posting between that and Dec. 18, 2018.

8. EdThelorax

9. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

PM's are not supposed to be short term investments. Quite a few people watch GSR, even the "Money Changer" does. Keep swapping between gold at a 20-30 GSR, back to silver at 90-100, you got something going.

I've also known quite a few people that bash silver, this is nothing new. I like both.

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 86.11

THREAD started at 68.93

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

This thread is dead, along with your sterling reputation.

12. -jeffB

Nice. :)

13. WoodyWW

WoodyWW Junior Member

I remember SILVER hitting $25/oz. in late 1979--(but some say it hit $50). Gold was in the $600 range, but then spiked briefly to about $875 in early 1980. These were astonishing prices at the time--PM bugs thought there was going to be Hyper-Inflation in the US, etc.

Silver is a lousy investment, unless it's at a really low price point, & then can unload some during a (rare) silver bull market/bubble. Gold can be better, over time I think, if you buy it when it's down. But I wouldn't sell silver at the current price--it "seems" cheap to me, inflation adjusted.

I do love gold & silver coins tho--AGE's, ASE's, Morgans, rolls of Unc. Franklin halves, etc. There can be a lot of Psychic Satisfaction in enjoying your "stash" of PM......(unless you buy at a top).....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Great post and I agree

15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Today

Silver Down 3%
    Gold Down 1%
    Platinum up .1%
    Palladium up 2%

and so it goes. The more thimgs change the more things stay the same.

The GSR now almost back to 90 its about 88. The small correction silver posted (which was down to about 79 I think) didn't last at all and now its back to 88. Thread started at 68.93 and it will never be that low ever again. Lucky all those people didn't really swap their gold for silver as they had been claiming since it was in the 40s

16. -jeffB

So aren't you a little disappointed that you chose to sell silver to @Garlicus and then keep it after he sent you money? Shouldn't you have been defrauding people over gold instead?

I'd ask if you were ashamed about it, but we've already clearly established the answer to that question.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  17. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Jeff,.

Everything is up big today we'll except for silver of course. This thread started with silver at about $18 and I seriously don't see it getting back to that level for some time. Gold is up $300 or so in the same period that silver has fallen a couple bucks. I know you would like it if 100% of the board followed silver with blind Faith always certain that silver is just about to do what it never has. With silvers extinction being a mere 3 weeks away, I'm sure ur loading up. Meanwhile I will continue to believe that with annual minage of over 1 billion ounces silver will never do anything. And I will continue to be right. The silver crowd claimed they swapped all their gold for silver when the GSR was in the 40s,50s,60s,70s,80s,and now 90s. Unfortunately I don't have LCS that let me undo the deal when I'm wrong. Apparently the silver crowd does. Thread started with the GSR at 68.93 and it will never be that low again.

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

19. -jeffB

No, I'd just like it if you'd make good on your debt to @Garlicus, instead of taking the coward's path of avoiding the issue.

I don't have any particular feelings about people buying gold, silver, or something else, but I have very strong feelings about ripping people off.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

The GSR is at 87 right now. All 4 metals doing well this morning. Silver is up 4 cents, which is about 1/4% while all other metals up 1%. Palladium continues to perform the best while silver continues to perform the worst. We will see triple digit GSR in 2021 if not before. The 68.93 will never happen again.

21. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

SILVERS LOST DECADE

Silver is poised to close this decade at a loss. Silver was $17.52 opening Jan 1st 2010. It will need a strong finish just to close the decade where it started.

Meanwhile Gold is up about 40% this decade and Palladium is up 425% this decade. Silver is DOWN 3%. The GSR has nearly doubled.

Maybe by Dec 31 2029 silver will be able to break $18 but I wouldn't count on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted