TRYING TO "Play the GSR" -- HORRIBLE IDEA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Apr 17, 2017.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

This thread is nearly 1 year old and the GSR which was guaranteed to fall back to historic levels has increased by about 20% ---- in less than a year. But don't let's facts confuse you -- carry on with the always wrong, lame Internet silver nonsense.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

Math is math, but I wonder why. Both have good jewelry, collectible, and industrial uses. Gold is more prevalent in electronics I think, but the ratio was stuck around 60 for years. Another conundrum is that the Platinum to Gold ratio was at about 1.1 for years and in the downturn dropped off. The lower car sales were blamed at first because of the use in catalytic converters. But when those sales rebounded the price did not go back up. Maybe they found a way to use Bitcoins in catalytic converters.

5. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the Au/Ag spot price ratio stands at about 80.7 - it broke above 80 earlier this month, but has been between 77-80 since December - not a big deal to me, but maybe commodity traders might find it significant...

6. Joe Babb

Joe Babb New Member

I wish I could be get help with a 1999 no mint double die penny that I have found. Nobody will communicate with me except that they aren't any. I have one with doubling in letters and numbers !!!

7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Actually no, you don’t.

8. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

You probably can get help on a different forum where Lincolns are discussed in more detail. This just isn't the right thread. One thing you might do some reading on is the difference in strike doubling and die doubling. These can be confusing and cause false identification. Good luck though.

9. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Since december ? You are talking about a little over a month. This thread was started in April 2017. The GSR was 68 at the time. Its now around 81. A 20% increase in 10 months. This on top of a 100% increase from 2013-2016. That is significant.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

@goldcollector
    When are you going to make good on that order?

In the meantime, since I know the answer to that question, why don’t you take your pontificating elsewhere?

C-B-D, Stevearino and Garlicus like this.
  11. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

We may have a temporary pullback to the 75 area but no doubt within a few years we are looking at a triple digit GSR.

And to think the silver crowd has been claiming they were trading all their gold in for silver every since the GSR was in the 30s. What a brilliant strategy to "get free gold" as they always claimed. The spending my whole check on powerball retirement strategy makes more sense.

juris klavins likes this.
  12. Santinidollar

You’d better write this down folks, but don’t send a check.

C-B-D, juris klavins and slackaction1 like this.
  13. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Please back up this claim with some facts. I don't recall ever seeing anyone claiming this and would like to see where it happened.

Stevearino likes this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

"Bulls" have been on this thread. You can tell by all the "droppings" left lying around in steaming piles just about everywhere.

Stevearino likes this.
  15. Santinidollar

Bulls, along with one gold “expert” who ripped another member out of $115.

Garlicus likes this.
  16. V. Kurt Bellman

Wait. Con men in metals? I'll alert the media. (The U.S. Attorney's office already knows, VERY well.)

17. V. Kurt Bellman

I heard a promo for an upcoming local radio program on investing. The "tease" was why the average woman investor does better than the average male investor. The answer seems to be: over-confidence in the abilities of male investors' decision-making. It makes men too susceptible to "new hot ideas" that are actually scams.

18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

19. Santinidollar

Yep.

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

And they have the gall to keep posting...sad

Garlicus likes this.
  21. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Is it really "sold" if it was never given/shipped to the person that ponied up the money for it? 2 things I hate in this world, liars and thieves.

C-B-D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted