Top Twelve Favorites - One photo

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by 4to2centBC, May 26, 2016.

1. 4to2centBC

4to2centBC Well-Known Member

why 12 faves.....? Why not......? For those who must have a reason.....This tray holds 12. That's my reason

Anyway, Twelve in one photo. That's the challenge. Roman, Greek, Celtic, medieval......no matter. Just your top twelve. Montages and Photoshopping to make one photo ?...... Don't care. Anyway is the right way. As long as it's your top 12 in one photo.

Let recess begin.

image.jpeg

Curtisimo, GregH, Ajax and 29 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Great lookin 12 and good enough reason for me!

panzerman and 4to2centBC like this.
  4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Love all 12. I will have to post my top 12 later.

5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

I do not have a top twelve... I like ALL of mine. :)

panzerman, Brian Bucklan and Cucumbor like this.
  6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Same, and I am too lazy to sit in photoshop and merge 12 images into a pic. But this below is good enough.

12 Caesars
    [​IMG]

7. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Great idea, but it's not fair to show just one side of the coins!

panzerman and zumbly like this.
  8. 4to2centBC

That was the other reason for choosing twelve..........:banghead: but forgot to mention it.

very nice.

panzerman likes this.
  9. 4to2centBC

I get that, but if you could save only twelve from a fire...which would they be?

I'm not asking you to split the baby....... you can tell us the truth...:angelic:

Alegandron likes this.
  10. 4to2centBC

So sorry, they are back at the bank and I didn't spend much time with the reverse photos. I'll see if any are salvageable. Otherwise.......next time.

11. Alegandron

NICE set Mat!!! Well done. I need to do that to my Seutonius Twelve!

Ancientnoob and panzerman like this.
  12. Alegandron

All TWELVE of my albums, holds ALL of them! :D (sorry, could NOT resist!)

13. Alegandron

I am sorry, I have not learned to TRAY them... Can I go through and just POST my twelve?

panzerman likes this.
  14. 4to2centBC

You gave the teachers trouble at school when you were a lad, didn't you?

:arghh: yes. ok.

15. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

I love that Lycian starter, wonderful portrait! Your picture really does a better job of showing the toning too!

What is the coin on the bottom row, second from left?

panzerman likes this.
  16. 4to2centBC

Thanks. I saw the stater in hand before bidding. The color and portrait seduced the money right out of my pocket.

regarding the object on the bottom row. The coin is a sceat and it is embedded in a lead (Pb) weight and is used for trade in the 9th (?) century. see here https://www.cointalk.com/threads/anglo-saxon-viking-coin-weight.279099/

panzerman likes this.
  17. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

The photo did not turn out great...but here are my 12 favourite denarii. Left to right top to bottom. Marcus Antonius, Julius Caesar, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Claudius, Nero, Otho, Vespasian, Titus, Domitian. And the oddball of the group...Diadumenian.

12 faves.jpg

18. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I'll have to think about the 12 matter. Three years ago I posted my (then) top 100 but had to cheat and put some extras on the pages linked to the 10x10 layout so it was more like my top 130.
    [​IMG]
    I never could decide about relative scale. Coins in my collection range from 5mm to 46mm diameter and really look bad all the same size or properly proportioned either one. In the three years, I have a few coins that should bump some of them but that is like choosing between your children. As an exercise, I might be able to pick 12 but I know I will not be reshooting them to scale, going to the bank or even agreeing with my choices in the near future.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  19. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I dunno. I tried to narrow it down to my fav 12, and I had about 50 or 60. But here is an attempt at 12. They are 12 of many that I would save from a fire.
    Desktop796.jpg

20. 4to2centBC

Not to scale, but the breadth of color is really quite beautiful. It's like a quilt.

21. TIF

TIF Always learning.

@4to2centBC, your non-virtual tray looks fantastic!

Hmm. Granny Square coin quilt added to the "to make" list. Wait, no! There are print-on-demand linens and stuff. Duvet cover!

DougTop100-DuvetCover.jpg

Except with my own coins, of course. Sleeping under Doug's coins would just be... weird :confused: :D

Last edited: May 27, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted