Today Silver Can Reach $2000 an Ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Silvercoin29, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

In year 1980, Silver was $50 an ounce. So in today's money Silver will reach $2,000 or more an ounce.

I think there is "$10 Trillion to $12 Trillion invested in Gold. So $2 Trillion to $4 Trillion investment in Silver is possible. At present Silver investment is very less.

American Companies have estimated $2 Trillion for investment.

Here's what the $1.2 Trillion money manager had to say in his April 2011 outlook:

But I wouldn't be surprised to see it $50 either. If silver goes back to $25, I'll be loading up.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/270...-to-short-u-s-bonds-unless-double-dip-happens

USA can Print $4 Trillion for Silver and Gold. USA has printed some $10 Trillion and given it to stock markets.

USA has estimated 6 Billion ounces of Silver

I am giving Silver target of $100 an ounce in 2 months. Today Silver is $30 an ounce.

I have been told that many stocks have increased or have given returns of 2,000,000% in 30 years. If many stocks can increase 25000% or 50000% then Silver can also increase 2000% to 5000%.

There will be selling in expensive real estates worldwide and this money will be invested in many investment areas.

There are 70 million millionaires in this world.

My coin shop says anyone who collects gold and silver he knows for the past 20 years are millionares. What does yours say? Talk to your local coin shop and then tell me that any PM is a bad investment.

If 10,000,000 rich people invest $100,000 each in Silver and 15 giant investment companies and banks invest $75 billion each into Silver then $2 Trillion will be invested into Silver.

That comes to 66 Billion ounces of silver will be purchased and Silver price will reach sky-high.

Legal Tender $20 Silver Coins from Royal Canadian Mint. Its market value comes to about $72 per ounce of silver.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/pr...0001&rcmeid=EMSx310x3391&EMS_MID=EMSx310x3391

The point is this coin has $20 face value and can be used as a $20 bill. So RCM expects Silver worth $72/oz.

No silver left in town!

I went out today hoping to pick up some silver and there was very little silver to be bought. One shop I went to had only 15 1-oz rounds and 1 100-oz bar.

Another shop, only 10 to 15 oz of silver. They said alot of people came in buying last week. One guy said he ordered last week and hoped to get more on friday. Another said it was a 2 to 4 week wait to get 500 ounces.

Anyone else having problems getting silver in their town?

Just called sunshine minting. They are so backlogged that they are not even taking new orders. I asked when they might take new orders and they said SEPTEMBER! Thats just to ORDER, not even receive it!

Look at University of texas that just took delivery of $1 billion dollars worth of physical silver. Look at all the central banks around the world buying physical. Look at all the hedge funds buying physical. They are not buying SLV. The RETAIL investor is messing around in SLV. The smart money is buying physical.

So yeah...its good to stay away from where the retail investors are going, just make sure you know 100% where those retail investors are.

Sunshine mint produces so many thousand ounces per week. Of course somebody is going to get them, but the fact that any one of us calls and tries to pick up 1k oz of silver, we absolutely can not do it. What this says is that all the big firms are buying up so much of their silver, they can not meet all the orders so they cant take any new ones until maybe september. This is also shown the limited supply when you go to the local coin shops and they cant pick up the silver. Of course the big guys will be the last to run out of silver and then thats it...demand will push the silver prices to insane levels.

3 grams, 8 grams, 16 grams, 32 grams (1 ounce) silver coins available in UK.

5 grams, 10 grams to 1Kg silver coins/bars being sold in India. Ordinary Indian people have 35,000 tonnes of Gold.

The short story is that nearly all money on bank accounts represents zero buying power, it was all spent along cheap lending into someone elses assets (could even be silver, according to some stories here). Only that those savers dont know it yet. The moment they gonna measure it the same will happen as in the quantum world. The measurement itself will alter the measured value from existence.

My parents are not wealthy. But they do have a multimillionaire couple they are very close friends with going on 45 years or so. He made his money in commercial real estate. After the market crash in 1987 he went to almost all silver.

He owns so much silver since 1987 that he has it all stored in a Brinks vault and only buys (and has bought for a couple decades) 1000 ounce bars for space purposes.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Welcome to CT. I'll let the others enlighten you on all of that, LOL.

4. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

Warren Buffet company owns 129,710,000 ounces of silver. Its first purchase was made on July 25, 1997 and its most recent purchase was made on January 12, 1998.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/news/feb03981.html

$650 million invested into Silver 14 years ago = Atleast $6 Billion invested today in Silver.

USA has estimated 6 Billion ounces of Silver.

It is understandable that USA may sell their silver when it reachs $100 or more an ounce so that they earn many times more profit.

So there is good possibility that USA may push Silver upwards. USA is $14 Trillion every year economy.

Reports on CNBC said "Silver could reach $600".

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44373049

I found these polls on a reputed Silver forum

Poll 1) How Many Ounces of Silver you Possess?

63 people each said they have 100 to 3000 ounces of silver

11 people each said they have 5000+ ounces of silver.

Poll 2) What percentage of liquid assets have you invested in Silver and Gold?

80% people said they have invested more than 50% of their liquid assets in Silver and Gold (I do not remember the correct words).

This was a big poll and hundreds of people had voted.

Poll 3) Best investment for next 10 years

142 people (75%) said Silver.

My sincere suggestion is that everybody buy 1 kg Silver.

Millions of people worldwide buy food and other products and pay with Gold and silver so they are used as currency in many places in the world.

Currency of particular country can become worthless but Gold and silver will have value.

Gold and silver is the basis of money. Currency is backed and supported by gold and silver. Today many people accept gold and silver as money. I mean you can pay with gold and silver for products you buy.

There will be no currency or money without gold and silver.

5. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

Well, that is certainly a lot of information to consider.

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Warren Bubbett sold his silver around $7.50 years ago.

I think someone has been reading too many internet articles.

Bob Evancho likes this.
  7. lightrain

lightrain Member

The powers that be don't want silver anywhere near those prices and they will force everyone to comply with their wishes until the jig is up. If silver is at 2000 an ounce, mayhem- the guy from the commercials- will be laughing in your blind spot.

8. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Hmm from production standpoint silver costs about $15 oz to mine on average so even if it goes $100-200 dollar on ounce, every miner will increase output significantly. Plus you will also see industrial demand taper off as companies switch to alternative to silver. Fyi Industrial demand makes more than 50% of silver consumption so industrial demand not investment demand that ultimately dictates silver prices....

9. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

This.

10. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

Read this important information word by word.

300,000 Tons of Gold and other treasures

This gold find in the 1940's would have crushed the value of monetary gold around the world, per Weir. Because the US Government was the largest holder of monetary gold, it would have significantly devalued the US monetary reserves if made public . Too, its revelation would allow claims from certain Asian countries that the gold belonged to them. This would upset the balance of power and wealth in the region.

It is true. The Treasury sold the 3 Billion ounce or 100,000 Tons of silver they had in the 1950s, and then the 400 Million ounce silver or so strategic stockpile got sold/used up by the early 2000s.

This shows that the Treasury had 3.28 billion ounces of silver at the end of 1942. Many people claim (a/k/a have fallen for) the U.S. having 5.9 Billion ounce of silver at one time, but that seems to include coinage (or was perhaps simply made up).

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cg...inYB1941.p0081&id=EcoNatRes.MinYB1941&isize=M

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/31C51.txt

I think USSR has 300,000 Tons of gold. The report says 300,000 Tons of "gold" and "other treasure". There is good possibility that there is another 100,000 to 200,000 Tons of silver. Total estimated treasure 500,000 Tons. Details are very scarce/less. Please do not give importance to this till this is confirmed.

There are 2 possibilities:

1) USA has large quantities of gold and silver.

2) USA sold large quantities of gold and silver. So somebody has large quantities of gold and silver.

So there are no large quantities of gold and silver in this world which can be upto 500,000 Tons to 1 million Tons of Gold.

Before 1950, the British were transporting gold from India to England. A big ship was loaded with gold and it set sail from India to England but this ship sank in the endless oceans/sea and disappeared. It is said that there is so much gold on this ship that if this ship is found today, the gold price will eat rock bottom. India was known as the “golden bird” in their early days.

Poster 1:

I believe the world gold has more than 1 million tonnes. My ex company is a legal firm. I saw contracts for gold deals before. Last year my boss (a lawyer) drafted contracts for total of 480 000 metric tonnes gold.

My boss represented a seller, and the golds sold to 12 buyers around the world. So, the data from World Gold Council is totally wrong. The world has much more gold than 160 000 metric tonnes.

By common sense, we know the fact (world only has 160 000 MT gold) is wrong. if by size, 160 000 mt gold is only a cube with dimension 20 m x 20 m x 20 m.

Poster 2:

Oh, and his lawyer writing personally contracts on 480,000 tons of gold last year......... at a rate of $1,100 per ounce, that is $16,975,200,000,000,000... that's right, almost 17 trillion dollars Wow, one, humble ol lawyer, handling 20% more than the entire USA GDP last year, and no ones even heard of him, or the insane amount of effect that would have on world economy, but no one noticed?..... I want to say something soooo bad right now, but I'll probably get banned if I write it..... why do people even think that my IQ is so low to just accept things they write like this... what, is the author like 12?

11. ctrl

ctrl Member

Not to mention, the higher the price, the more production and selling you see, which naturally depresses price. Also, a poll of how many people own silver, when it is conducted on a silver-owners forum, is not a valid or useful poll.

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Looks like Silvercoin29 made quite an impression on the global silver market -- it's up 2.5%! :)

13. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Wow. If it keeps going, there may be some upset people around here. Just saying, if the mint halts sales to "re-price" it may coincide with Thursday's release of the ASE 25th anniversary set.

14. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

There was a reason for that and it had nothing to do with demand or the market. Manipulating the price of a good is not a rung in it's ladder toward market demand. Silver in 1980 should have been under $5.
    Guy

15. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

In year 1977, there was serious threat of USA - Russia war.

Pentagon report said that if there is war with Russia then the USA Air force will be wiped out in 17 days.

Gold & Silver price reach sky-high from war fears.

Today there is serious fears of civil wars worldwide and big wars. Everybody knows this, thanks to world leaders.

16. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

Read this important information word by word.

300,000 Tons of Gold and other treasures

This gold find in the 1940's would have crushed the value of monetary gold around the world, per Weir. Because the US Government was the largest holder of monetary gold, it would have significantly devalued the US monetary reserves if made public . Too, its revelation would allow claims from certain Asian countries that the gold belonged to them. This would upset the balance of power and wealth in the region.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8813.html

It is true. The Treasury sold the 3 Billion ounce or 100,000 Tons of silver they had in the 1950s, and then the 400 Million ounce silver or so strategic stockpile got sold/used up by the early 2000s.

This shows that the Treasury had 3.28 billion ounces of silver at the end of 1942. Many people claim (a/k/a have fallen for) the U.S. having 5.9 Billion ounce of silver at one time, but that seems to include coinage (or was perhaps simply made up).

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cg...inYB1941.p0081&id=EcoNatRes.MinYB1941&isize=M

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/31C51.txt

I think USA has 300,000 Tons of gold. The report says 300,000 Tons of "gold" and "other treasure". There is good possibility that there is another 100,000 to 200,000 Tons of silver. Total estimated treasure 500,000 Tons. Details are very scarce/less. Please do not give importance to this till this is confirmed.

There are 2 possibilities:

1) USA has large quantities of gold and silver.

2) USA sold large quantities of gold and silver. So somebody has large quantities of gold and silver.

So there are large quantities of gold and silver in this world which can be upto 500,000 Tons to 1 million Tons of Gold.

Before 1950, the British were transporting gold from India to England. A big ship was loaded with gold and it set sail from India to England but this ship sank in the endless oceans/sea and disappeared. It is said that there is so much gold on this ship that if this ship is found today, the gold price will crash rock bottom. India was known as the “golden bird” in their early days.

17. Silvercoin29

Silvercoin29 New Member

Poster 1:

I believe the world gold has more than 1 million tonnes. My ex company is a legal firm. I saw contracts for gold deals before. Last year my boss (a lawyer) drafted contracts for total of 480 000 metric tonnes gold.

My boss represented a seller, and the golds sold to 12 buyers around the world. So, the data from World Gold Council is totally wrong. The world has much more gold than 160 000 metric tonnes.

By common sense, we know the fact (world only has 160 000 MT gold) is wrong. if by size, 160 000 mt gold is only a cube with dimension 20 m x 20 m x 20 m.

Poster 2:

Oh, and his lawyer writing personally contracts on 480,000 tons of gold last year......... at a rate of $1,100 per ounce, that is $16,975,200,000,000... that's right, almost 17 trillion dollars Wow, one, humble ol lawyer, handling 20% more than the entire USA GDP last year, and no ones even heard of him, or the insane amount of effect that would have on world economy, but no one noticed?..... I want to say something soooo bad right now, but I'll probably get banned if I write it..... why do people even think that our IQ is so low to just accept things they write like this... what, is the author like 12?

18. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Hey silvercoin... you're not Bix Weir in disguise, are you?

19. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

OP said "Read this ... Word for word".For me that's too many words to read. Along with disconnected thoughts. Also, in 1977 I was in military. Believe me, no one I knew was concerned about US-Russian war. But welcome to CT!

20. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Silver,
    You have me lost here total gold in earth is around 550k MT so your group somehow is trading on gold found below earth :D, so 160k MT figure is accurate (we have mined 33% of total gold in earth) and is higher than figures quoted by other groups (120-150k MT) unless you are confusing gold with silver?

21. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

I'll bet the OP Two Thousand dollars that silver closes below $2000/oz today! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.