THR & Associates

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tv reporter, May 1, 2012.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this outfit is any relation to THR.

They had an ad for a show near me in early june. Offering up to $250 for class rings. A lot of class rings are worth more than $250.

http://www.freeroadshow.com/id1.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's actually a ZERO CHANCE of them having a coin worth that much at THR.

4. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Here's my experience: http://www.cointalk.com/t54203/

Also, notaliar, you are the antithesis of your username. In the intentionally deceptive full page ads you rotten crooks put in every local newspaper near where you are going, you know, the ones where you plastered your silly putty faces on an Antiques Roadshow ad and distorted it into something grotesque, you offer "free appraisal services." "Bring in something odd and have a friend bring something, too! Whoever leaves with the bigger check can buy lunch!" I got a lunch for you, you thief.

5. tv reporter

tv reporter New Member

Notaliar,

Employees from across the country are calling me to tell me the company accounts are closed, their paychecks have bounced (along with another round of checks to vendors & customers) and they have been ordered to ship back all their gold and coins to Parsons in spite of 30-day hold laws in various states.

I’m hearing horror stories about employees who are stranded in rural areas with no money to get back to Springfield. Others tell me they have been arrested for writing bad checks even though they were assured there was money in the account.

It is clear there were many upstanding people in this organization…

In case your opinion of THR has changed, I would like to afford you the opportunity to defend those who you believe deserve defending. Contact me if you’re interested in talking.

6. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

So I remember the initial first post you made a few months ago. In regards to the last few months, what you call "company accounts", are these the same affiliates that run under THR that you had listed in the first post of this thread? And are these the companies that are beginning to close up shop, bounce checks, etc.?

7. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

Yeah, I remember this thread. First thing you should have done was to take it to a TPG like pcgs or ngc to have it authenticated. Not a roadside freak show.

Edit: wow I was a little harsh in that thread too, huh. But in hindsight, the coin is likely a fake. Unless they plan to keep it forever and not sell it, you'd have heard about it by now.

8. hasaconscience

hasaconscience New Member

THR is preparing to file bankruptcy. They have also demanded that
    Former managers, many who still have THR owned trucks & trailers, return that
    Equipment to Springfield, IL, with little chance if reimbursement for their expenses.

On the other hand, a recent news article states that a Buy/Sell/Trade store (a new chain of THR) opened in Urbana, IL on June 24.

When are they going to put this guy in jail, and stop the madness?

9. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

I find it pretty amazing that they lost enough money to be filing for bankrutpcy. Even if they lowballed the **** out of customers, looks like their business model still wasn't profitable. Well, good riddance.

10. tv reporter

tv reporter New Member

11. hasaconscience

Here's the thing - they ALWAYS operated on an advance. They were ALWAYS buying with advanced money. When the Gold Center in Springfield refused to cut them anymore checks (This happened last Monday - then Thursday, all managers were told to close shop and go home immediately), they lost their gravy train. He has no cash flow now except what is coming from the liquidation sales and the Buy/Sell/Trade stores (and whatever he has stashed. There is some speculation that he has a bunch of $$ stashed somewhere, but I suspect that's not true. He's too much of a flashy spender to have saved any) And, if I am correct, most of that is going to the IRS.

IT was NOTHING for them to spend tens of thousands of dollars on bounced check fees each month. The bank would let it ride, because, hey, the bank makes their money in fees, and they knew he would eventually deposit to cover it. Either PNC wasn't as lenient as Chase bank was, or they got wind of the IRS lien and decided it wasn't a smart risk for them anymore, and bounced those 4,000 checks. Additionally, it was reported in the Springfield, IL news that eBay shut down their accounts once they got a whiff of the IRS lien, because they were then too risky to do business with.

He didn't HAVE a business model. It was purely a smash and grab operation.

12. hasaconscience

tvreporter,

My guess is that notaliar was Matt Enright (my other guess would be Jordan Parsons). If it was indeed Matt, he's no longer with THR and probably won't defend the company any longer. If it was Jordan .... well, the chances of him ever coming back to this message board and actually posting are rather slim. The company has been reduced to a handful of employees at corporate, and the poor slobs at the Buy/Sell/Trade stores and the going out of business J.Parsons store. My guess is that Mr. Parson's sons are still being paid - for now, but have other things on their plate to deal with than internet message boards.

13. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

It's nothing more then greed that has done them in... And it looks like they are going to take a bunch of folks with them... Both employees and customers...

14. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

Operating on loans and advances is an insane way to run a business, no matter what industry. Really doesn't help to run it like a leaky ship (as opposed to a tight one) either.

All it takes is 1 of your creditors to pull your line, and your company will likely go under.

15. Twinturbo

Twinturbo New Member

I heard that their line of credits got pulled
    Essentially some senior bank officer got smart real fast due to the IRS lein and realized the scam pulled by THR, so they pulled their line of credit at the bank. Once that happened, other banks did the same. With no funds available and gross mismanagement, the scheme has collapsed on itself.
    I heard it was a 9 digit line of credit that dried up in a matter of days.

16. Twinturbo

Twinturbo New Member

Yup read my post youll see what happened.
    I wasnt given exact figures or by whom, but when lots of your family is into banking, you learn pretty interesting stuff.

17. blueangel

blueangel New Member

I was ripped off by THR and Associates. On July 5, I sold them several US Mint silver proof sets for $150.00. The checked bounced.

18. blueangel

blueangel New Member

And what of the checks that bounce?

19. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Being that your claim is so small, I would check with your States Attorney Office and see if their is a list your judgement can be put on for settlement. If they had a license in your state to operate under, there will probably be a bankrupcy filed with the state as well. This will take a little time before something happens. You may end up getting a partial settlement since many parties may be filing. I would get your records together right now so you can be as far up on that list as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted