Thinking of a contest for NGC graded 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set at cost

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by flyers10, Nov 12, 2011.

1. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Not a bad idea but this contest will be for the full set.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. flyers10

Yes I have seen his posts..He will be in the contest if he doesn't receive a set from the Mint.

4. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Flyers, this contest that you are possibly proposing is both a kind and noble gesture. Indeed, in its basic fundamentals is the mark of a true collector – one who does something not for monetary gain, but out of love for the hobby, and compassion for their fellow Hobbyists. :yes:

5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

No offense, but this is the most complicated and ridiculous ideas I have heard. WAY too much work, and seriously, who is going to send an extra $300 to escrow.

Disclosure: I did NOT get one of the ASE sets, and I have no desire to own one. I like your idea of a contest, but as others have pointed out, it will be very difficult. I would echo the others who recommend you not do the contest for such a hot item. There are far too many people looking to make a buck; even ones who have all the best intentions or are well respected members of this forum. Just my 2 cents...

6. flyers10

Ok. The Contest has been posted. Good luck.

7. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

What a super generous prize you have gone with.. I will be entering but I wanted to state that comment here first...
    Thanks for making it possible for someone that was not able to get a set earn the chance to own one.!!

Draft saved Draft deleted