Think 2011 will repeat?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by medoraman, Mar 28, 2020.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I get a weird feeling. I know history never repeats, but it rhymes. In 2009 we had a tremendous financial shock, and it was the beginning of a tremendous bull market in PM.

Now we have a different shock, but a LOT more money being thrown at it, less chance as many people will lose their homes, etc. Is this going to set up a new PM run over the course of the next few years? I have a few thousand face value of junk silver I sure would like another shot at liquidating in the $40's :).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CommemHalfScrub

CommemHalfScrub Active Member

The bull market for PM in 2011 was caused by all the QE the fed was performing. I believe that today's tremendous stimulus plans and QE will push PMs up again in the next couple of years. I'm more bullish on gold though. We shall see.

4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The price will go up, but that will be due to all of the currency created - more dollars chasing fewer goods. So the number will be bigger, but it won't have the same buying power.
    Think Zimbabwe.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, I was also thinking that we'll get more dollars for PM in a few years, but they won't be worth as much.

Of course, I thought exactly the same thing about dollars in 2008, and I was completely wrong.

We seem to have worked ourselves into a position where doubling the number of dollars in circulation does not come anywhere close to halving the value of those dollars.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I think it will push pm's and the stock market up but not that high. It will also cause inflation issues.

One thing I have learned is that in an average lifetime pm's will rise and fall three times. 2011 was the second for me. It's too soon for the third.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

In my opinion no. Businesses this time were shut down by force not for poor decisions. PMs have also been a bit exposed as they haven't sky rocketed and many people still have a lot from the last time and are still under water from it. Could they go up of course but I'd be shocked if they sky rocketed besides a big money play to make some quick cash which they could make a lot more with many stocks

8. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

If anybody had a crystal ball for what PM's we're going to do they wouldn't be commenting on coin talk they'd be sitting on their private island.

9. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy folks,

Please, please, please take this seriously. The good side estimates are 100-200K dead. Folks, the high side is 2.2M. Now if you believe our government is playing this right, go with the former, if you think our response has been somewhat lacking, you better go with the latter. Personally, it feels like 400-500K. Alas and alack.

Folks, I haven't seen stuff like this since Vietnam. I'm having flashbacks - not in a bad way . . . just an incredibly sad way.

"keep your asses low and your flak jackets close"

rono

Draft saved Draft deleted