"They" know you buy bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Apr 5, 2019.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'm in. Selling silver and buying the Dow.

Clawcoins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, paranoia. Because it's not like they'd ever demand everyone turn in their gold or anything, they'd never ever do anything like that.

longnine009 likes this.
  4. Don P

Don P Active Member

Not an expert here, but how does the IRS know that you still have what you initially bought? Let's say you bought a roll of coins back in 2010 and now your getting a divorce but the coins are no where to be found.

You could say you sold them at a pawn shop for $10 or gave them away---while all along, they're buries in your backyard.

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

You would have to prove that you have dispensed of the asset.

Otherwise, they'd just assume you still own it and hiding it. Thus an asset in Divorce or whatever.
    So you'd still pay your soon to be ex-spouse half of it's value or whatever.
    I think you'd want to prove that you sold it versus just taking your word for it .. judges don't often just take your word.

Remember, if the IRS or Divorce comes knocking, you have to prove that you don't have it. Otherwise, they assume you do. I would think you would start spitting out names/places to prove you don't have it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Santinidollar and myownprivy like this.
  6. Clawcoins

I sold off my stackable silver/gold a few months ago. It no longer fit in my portfolio. It had it's fit in my portfolio for certain financial records for asset leveraging for a certain time. But now it doesn't fit.

It put the $$ in a safe, low volatility than "a month in DRIP than just sitting there" More than Silver/Gold just sitting there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2019
  7. longnine009

^ You may want to ask desertgem to remove your post. Anyone with a $5 calculator can estimate your liquidity based on the receipt of X dollars a month interest you so proudly told the world about.

8. Clawcoins

Thanks, I'll consider asking a mod.
    Guess we all need to be careful.

Ironically, on a coin site I guess we shouldn't post our coin collection either .. we might give people an idea of something they may be able to walk away with, versus something that isn't immediately at one's disposal like that.

Ain't that big of a number on high yield stuff. By comparison. that isn't a low return bank savings account. You might be surprised on how little $$ invested on the better high yield stuff. Every one has that option, if they want to search it out .. just reach for higher and higher returns.

Conversely, reading other ppls stuff, they need to be more careful too. Recently someone just stated they went to their financial advisor and reviewed 1 million ... or someone who used to post a ton of their stock trades, etc etc. Those ppl where revealing far more than my example of what you could do instead of PMs.

Just watch some of the ppl who post their high dollar coins here ... their value of a few coins are worth far more than what I indirectly alluded to above and are easier to walk away with. Or even their small collection of vintage cars or what not.

Guess we all gotta be careful in what we post and can extrapolate on our liquidity. Much less buying stuff electronically.
    Thanks

9. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

How do they know if the information you give them is correct? I was born the day man landed on the moon, yet I watched the event on TV.

toned_morgan likes this.
  10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

and how would they know how much you bought each coin or bar for if you had a stack you bought for varying prices? Are they going to come knocking after your obit is printed?

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Anyone hang on to all their receipts from non web purchases?

12. longnine009

Just so "they" know, I ordered two of the new Spartan rounds this morning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    slackaction1 likes this.
  13. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

I had did it when I first started in 2015. Then Changed, but guess what, posting here anything you do would be the same, or if they track your phone to a dealer house.
    You are correct and this is all very scary too me. Of course some guys on here think everything is like it was in 1975 because they never changed. Understandable if so, but bashing those that tell the truth because they dont feel the changes is not fair and kind of Obtuse.

I will write it in this thread too. I buy both metals, and am now stopping due to what has transpired recently, since Dec. in fact. No longer can you count on the flow of up and down due to market conditions. You expect Politicians, FED, SEC, IRS, and other branches to do what is right for all Americans. Those days are now gone.

This is about Image for one man.

That is a Tyrant running a Autocracy. Making every call in every department of government. Only his opinion now counts. Gets me to the point of the Plunge Protection Team and the quick reversal in December of the stock market. No one knows who bought, but the PPT was set up by Reagan for EM. ONLY. That the Treasury and FED could buy stock in case of...
    The FED has been going around the world stating that they need more tools, specifically Bullard, Yellen, Fisher, Powell have mentioned the ability to purchase stock. Bullard said on CNBC that everyone need not worry, Japan has done it this way for 25 years, we can too. Referring to the purchase of stock.

Japan is dying and the Govt now owns 70% of all the businesses. But, they do take care of their own. They are also not the reserve currency. We are in huge trouble as a working class nation with millions of 20$ jobs that dont grow into real inflation of 7%. There are no big raises coming, nor the 7% growth they promised on tax cuts. Only buyback and more for the upper crust.

So what happens if the FED and Treasury buy stock ? The Market never falls, just as Japans hasnt in real terms. They have continued to grow their debt. to 250% of GDP, if we do that, we go another 20 years doing what we are doing now. GOLD and Silver will never break out, NEVER !

Some care more about the Image of looking good then they do the underlying finance of all. Anyone can stand at a podium and say there is no Inflation when obviously there is, that is just a flat lie to prop. the gullible people. Everyone's costs have near doubled since 2ooo.

Just telling this so people can be prepared, maybe it is all wrong and the Govt is working like a fine tuned machine from your seat. Retired, great paying job, disability and fine, already rich, etc. But for the masses it is a problem. I try not to let my personal situation, which is good, get in the way of economic thinking. I cant do well going down the road if others are struggling, they wont buy my products if they are broke. It has nothing to do with party affiliation, just doing what is right for all. That isnt happening and thus the disparity is growing at an astronomical rate and no end in site.

Who makes REAL money in the dow goes to 35k or ever 40k ? No one on this site, so what your 401k grows some, that puts nothing in your pocket now and deletes any value in your metals.

bender9876 likes this.
  14. Brian Calvert

My Opinion they already have these problems, they are just covering them up buy QE, Stopping QT, lowering rates soon and buying stock. Plus allowing the never ending buybacks which also covers up the real economy, which is flat at BEST and -2.5% when you include real Inflation. They are LYING about the inflation, what they haven't already rigged with CPI, they just lie about. It is insane...
    Yelling the TRUTH is hard to do, no one wants to here it, they feel it, and then IGNORE it. Seen it here first hand during the Hurricanes of 2005 in FLorida. So many unprepared, then standing in lines for handouts looking to the Govt "HELP ME" They all think things are fine until they are not, then they cry.
    Just like NOW, we are glazing over the truth with a stock market and mass deficit. Funny how the deficit was all the talk in 2015, now it is a side note.

15. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Wew. You're taking this to crazy paranoid la la land. Yes, the government has used controversial surveillance programs on US citizens without warrants. Yes, the government can find your location by your use of a cell phone. However, these are very rare occurrences that will not impact most of us (that doesn't make the programs right, but it does make them mostly irrelevant for our discussion).

However, divorce and audits are common in the United States. So my pointing out that our online purchases are all easily available records for these types of common legal proceedings is a totally different ball game. Just be aware that if you think you are hiding assets by buying bullion, you are not.

16. Brian Calvert

I dont think none of that would happen, especially at this lower level on investor. Just saying, that they have us all funneling into a small bottle. I believe the next step, as in the CARD we use is to go cashless. That is the direction it is headed. After all, every Nation in the WORLD except Israel has debt and it just keeps growing. I believe it is at 482 Trillion of world wide debt. Once they removed the GOLD standard in 1971, it allowed the Bankers to Print all they wanted.
    Heck, todays generation thinks credit cards is something you are suppose to use, you NEED that Credit score. Teaching my daughter otherwise.
    I also understand people thinking that we could never get away from OUR normal tide of up market/down gold- down market/up gold. But, if they can purchase stock, which I believe they are now doing, metals die. Some businesses will prosper in such a case, overall, it is a really bad thing. That is why the FED was unable to purchase stock. I think "HE" care more about the market UP, then he does anything else. It is important for his image and reelect. Which, he will do. Gold wont get properly priced if so.
    Just scary...

17. Clawcoins

The first time I went to my LCS and paid cash I got a receipt.
    After that .. I don't ever recall them giving me a receipt.
    Can't hang on to something you didn't get. lol

18. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

The cameras shows different Claw.. BUSTED.. WHAT U GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU

19. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

We truly have devolved to the point of Communist Russia. By that, in Communist Russia they had so many laws against so many things, anyone at any time could be arrested and the authorities could point to the "law" that they broke to external countries as justification of their actions.

I would posit 99% of Americans with more than two nickels to rub together a team of forensic accountants and lawyers from the Treasury department could find a "law" that they broke. I am a CPA and have extensive legal background and I simply know there is SOMETHING they could find on me as well.

This is the scariest part of living in America today, so many laws on the books and a tax code so Byzantine as to escape understanding even by the best IRS agents, no one is capable of living a honest living really. If they WANT to find something out on you, they CAN.

Draft saved Draft deleted