the spot watchers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Profit man, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Profit man

Profit man Active Member

Is anybody Waiting to see if spot will drop to make a substantial purchase?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PTrain22

PTrain22 Member

I always keep an eye on the live market price of both silver and gold. I started collecting/investing when silver was over $30/oz. Luckily for me I had the good sense and fortitude required to stay invested and not sell as the price dropped like so many others who then complained that PM investing is a waste. Instead I've increased my holdings as the price dropped lowering my DCA to about $19/oz.

4. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

well will the price every get back up to $20 dollars a ounce just wondering.

5. PTrain22

PTrain22 Member

Yes of course it will. I believe it to be not a matter of if, but only a matter of when. I don't have a crystal ball unfortunately so I'm going to give you the "weatherman" forecast and generalize by saying likely at some point in time over the next 1-3 years. Broad enough for you?

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I agree. Mathematically in an inflationary economic system of course silver will go back up to $20 and higher. Its a matter of when. I would guess within 5 years. I could see PM bottoming out for a while with lower oil and East Asian weakness. Personally, I am buying right now.

7. Birdman#33

Birdman#33 Member

Just like the stock market, you will never be able to buy in at the low and sell at the high. I go by the dollar cost average theory.

8. Murphys Mike

Murphys Mike Member

I started purchasing silver at $6.95 an oz and have kept purchasing on occasion. When I turn 62 which is in several years I am going to start selling.

9. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Not waiting myself, I think now is a great time to buy.

10. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I am hoping for silver to drop just a little more closer to $16 before I pop for 500 oz.

11. ROLLJUNKIE

ROLLJUNKIE Active Member

I would like it to go to twenty so I can start selling.

12. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

well silver as a few mintues ago was $16.16 a ounce

13. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

Did you?

Jaredbd likes this.
  14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I certainly did!!! After it went below 16.

15. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'm worried my Silver collection will be worthless if it keeps dropping.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You actually mean take a loss. That only happens if and when you sell. Simply wait it out and you will be fine. It is those who are day traders that take the biggest gamble. They are usually under funded or trying to make a quick buck. They can get burnt bad.

17. C Jay

C Jay Member

I think base is going to be around 15 topping no more than 20. If you have 20-30 years, I think you will see a peak at around 80 or 5x base. The psychological barrier will be at 100 but people will get scared and sell before it's reached. This is my humble opinion based on the last two peaks since silver went from currency to commodity. I think it's 1982 all over again and time to start stacking slowly until the wife wants her closet back, but I'd hold out for the next peak. It will come after some financial disaster equal to the rapid inflation of the late 70's or the banking failures of 2006. As they say, history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

Tater and Govt Mule like this.
  18. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Ok. I pulled the trigger back on 3-8 and got the box delivered just before I left for Baltimore so didn't have time to post a pic. But here it is now!! DSC08811.JPG

Argenteus Fossil and Tinpot like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted