The Men Separated from the Boys

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fatima, May 5, 2011.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The $1 under spot is actually a good offer at this time of volatility.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Anyone know where's the best place online to buy small quantities of silver eagles (1,2,3,4, or 5 at a time) at the least over spot? eBay's least expensive price as of an hour ago was about $50 with shipping.

4. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Keep in mind that spot price is for delivery of 5000 oz. You should expect to pay more for a single coin.

5. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Indeed, I thought so too, but I guess they can afford to do that because of the hard line they take when the price drops. I'm lucky enough to have 2 very competitive shops in my area. One by work and another near home. The other one sells for $3 over spot.

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

8. Elapid

Elapid Member

I have my coins and that is my hobby and I can't see selling any of my coins for silver content, unless you consider ASE anything more than a high end bullion which is what I consider it. I mostly deal with local when I buy, just bought 150 troy this morning for $34.50. I thinking it is getting ready to climb back into the high 40's and beyond, I consider this a Blue Light special on silver right now.

9. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Statequarterguy,

Shipping would be $5.95 total for 1 or 2 and $8.95 total for 3, 4 or 5. Late-may to mid-June seems to be the standard for the reputable online dealers right now. If you only want 1 coin and want it now, Ebay may be your choice.

10. chip

chip Novice collector

I have been buying, I picked up a nice Lafeyette dollar from 900 fine at the csns show in chicago last week, I paid a rediculous amount of premium over melt for it.

11. Hawkwing74

Hawkwing74 Member

I bought a few cheap Morgan dollars today. Hope it goes down another week or so and I can get a few more!

12. DMiller

DMiller Junior Member

Check out BullionStacker.com sometime - they have some folks there who often have a line on pretty cheap bullion. Check out the Group Buy section - I secured 5 ASE's there today for spot + $2 shipped.

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What a cad, refusing to sell it to you for melt! :)

14. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

just checking to see how manly i was this week, looks like i bought every day starting sunday night.

5/1 - 25oz in grizzly/taku's from gainsville
    5/2 - 35 mixed eagles
    5/3 - 20 1987 eagles and 20 generic bars
    5/4 - 40 mixed eagles
    5/5 - 20 2011 eagles
    5/6 - 40 2011 eagles

im looking for another couple rolls before the weekend is over

15. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Wow, that might be a step above manly and into chaotic!

16. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

I'm a boy. I'll wait for things to settle out before buying bullion again. I'd sell some if it approached $50 again, and think about buying under $30.

Looking at ebay, there is a much higher premium than there used to be on the new bullion coins (Eagles, Maple Leafs) compared with the junk silver.

17. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I think the "$50" barrier got solidified even further by the "double-top" psychology. Those who "got burned" buying when everyone was saying to sell ($42+) will basically get out at any profit now, if they have any motivation to sell. As for it dropping below $30... to be honest, if silver pierces $30 on the downside, it's probably going to $18. Then it will stabilize around $27. It's more likely to create a channel between $34-$42 than anything else at this point.

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And if it even got to $48, you would have most , who have just a small desire to sell, selling as they fear that $50 level again, and think they could rebuy when it drops down again, but when it does, they will ask themselves , do they want to take the chance? So many convicted silver investors will opt not to take the chance and worry again and buy gold, rare earth, chocolate bars, nylons, whoops that was war time goods :)

Jim

19. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

I just fnally bought on this dip. My philosophy is to try and whittle down the premiums that most dealers typically charge. I was going to buy some silver rounds on line, I was loooking at APMEX and Kitco, but the lowest I could get was about $2.50 over spot per coin.

Then I walk into my local dealer, he's selling bulk avg circ morgans/peace dollars at spot or even slightly below. Cull dollars at $25, and common date at $27 ea with silver at roughly 35 today. I bought a few rolls.

Are any others on the forum seeing this? Better deals from your local B&M than you can get on line from the big boys?

20. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

5/7 just now picked up 50 of those stagecoach rounds for $36.44 each
    may still pick something up tomorrow night when overseas opens.

21. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Ahhh...nylons with a seam running up the back! :grandpa:

Draft saved Draft deleted