Featured The Holder Premium Thread

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by KSorbo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ddddd

ddddd Member

I saw that and the thread about it, so I won't comment on it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I did too, :rolleyes:
    Kachorkle, thats a good example Jet.
    I remember you being a fan of the gold CAC Rattler buffaloes:troll:

jtlee321 and ddddd like this.
  4. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I figured this would be a good one.

5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

6. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

Beautiful coin! $235.00

7. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Gold rattler moon money. Minimum 1200

9. jtlee321

@baseball21 pulled this one off. He was the closest but, no one was really in the ballpark. This 1913 T1 PCGS MS-65 Rattler with Gold CAC sold for an astonishing $2055.38. Now how's that for a holder premium? I mean the Gold CAC had a little to do with it, but the combination of rattler was the other half of the premium combo.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what my Doily MS-65 P T1 would go for if it had a Gold CAC.

I do admit, it would look really good.. I have not sent it in yet, this is just a little Photoshop magic. :cigar:

1913-Type-1-Buffalo-Nickel-PCGS-MS-65-Doily-Slab-Front-Gold-CAC.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Mainebill and Burton Strauss III like this.
  10. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Wow. Just wow...

I think this has been one of the most fun ones to watch. I had missed the earlier thread, so I did the logical...

I figured an MS65 gold bean was an MS66 green bean. Plus a few bucks for the rattler mystique.

Checked a price guide or three. I figured it would have been be a strong sale, so I used retail not wholesale.

Balance that against your well known history of cherry picking nicer than they seem coins for fair but not crazy money... Many of us look at your picks in the under $50 thread and think, "well, IF I had known it was THAT nice..."

So you're crazy, but not THAT crazy.

It was a nice coin. And one I knew you would have loved to have and the image of it would have made us all drool onto the keyboard. But you said "It was on my watch list" meaning you didn't bid? That meant serious money.

So... $250.

But he apparently got blown out. So $300... no, $325. I actually thought this was a little high $, but you never know.

After I guessed, you PMed me to look at the auction. Took a bit to find it and when I did, my head did a 360. Shows what happens when a couple of people decide "gotta have it" at an auction.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...-Type-1-PCGS-MS-65-CAC-Gold-Label-OGH-1st-Gen

You also have to wonder how high "bidder 12" was willing to go. At 12:21pm, he nuclear bid $1450 when the coin was at $317. "bidder 11" starts walking it up at 2:05, finally reaching $1,770 at 2:26. Which 12 topped at 3:05pm.

The auction closed over 90 minutes later... can't you just hear 11 thinking... one more bid. Maybe one more bid and I'll top that nutter. But it would be $2K. Full retail for an MS67. How high is he willing to go???

jtlee321 likes this.
  11. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Not even a 4 figure coin imo. Are some collectors building a gold cac rattler type set ? I cant look closely at the coin, right now, is it possibly a three-leg a 2 feather or a doubled die???

12. jtlee321

That 1913 T1 went for 67+ money! That is just insane. The two buyers were thinking it's at least a 67+ with a possible shot at 68. I can see a 66 Gold CAC selling at this level, but a 65 is just off the chart. @heavycam.monstervam I don't see any variety here. I looked it over very well before it ever sold.

I was willing to bid up to around $250.00 to $275.00. When I checked on this coin at around 12:00 the day it was scheduled to end, the bidding was already up to $1500.00. My jaw dropped and my head shook. I thought that was insane, but it kept going up a little bit at a time until it ended. Once it did end, I knew this would be a really fun subject for the "Holder Premium" thread. LOL

13. ddddd

ddddd Member

Point totals:
    jtlee321 - 9 Points
    baseball21 - 9 Points
    ddddd - 8.5 Points
    Beefer518 - 8 Points
    Mainebill - 7 Points
    KSorbo - 7 Points
    Burton Strauss III - 7 Points
    Pickin and Grinin - 5 Points
    Paddy54 - 5 Points
    jpcienkus - 4 Points (no longer a member)
    heavycam.monstervam - 4 Points
    GoldBug999 - 4 Points
    Broncoholic - 2 Points
    jwitten - 1 Point
    Bman33 - 1 Point
    BlackBeard_Thatch - 1 Point
    Marshall - 1 Point
    Duke Kavanaugh - 1 Point

@baseball21 you're up....

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

15. ddddd

ddddd Member

I’ll post something later today...if someone wants to jump in though, feel free to do so.

16. jtlee321

Here's one. It's a 1962 Roosevelt Dime in a PCGS OGH Sample Slab. I picked it up at a local shop here, what did I pay?

1962-Roosevelt-Dime-PCGS-Sample-Slab-Front-1.jpg 1962-Roosevelt-Dime-PCGS-Sample-Slab-Back-1.jpg

ddddd likes this.
  17. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

18. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

19. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

20. ddddd

ddddd Member

21. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted